Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    writinggirl101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Under above ground pool goes.
    Last year I put up a 15' above-ground pool. I do not have any great level spot in the yard but found an area that worked okay. Unfortunately, it's at the bottom of a slope... so it stays wet easily. This year, I'm wondering what to put under it besides the tarp-thing that came with it. If I made a big area with railroad ties and then filled it with 6-8" of sand, could the pool sit on the sand and be more level? Or would my kids just push on the bottom (which is vinyl) and move the sand around and make more of a lumpy mess? We use this daily and have lots of fun. I'd like to get it set-up a little better but not spend a bunch of money. Any ideas?
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 13, 2007, 09:21 PM
    I believe a little sand would be good, but if you have too much it could be a problem.

Good Luck and God Loves You!
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 09:28 PM
    How about instead of adding 6 inches of sand dig the other side out and level it? The sand idea might work but I'm guessing you're going to need a lot of sand?
    TLMitchell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2011, 10:29 PM
    Yes you will need a lot of sand I have a 15x42pool that I tried to level my yard I agree the best thing to do is to dig out then add sand

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground pool [ 5 Answers ]

I was wondering, can I keep an above ground pool up all winter with no water in it or will it collapse even though it has the braces all around it? Thank you.

Above Ground Pool Questions [ 24 Answers ]

I am about to purchase an 18' Above Ground Pool. Part of the deal was that I go to the sellers house to dissassemble and remove the pool (it will be drained). Is this something that can easily be done by two-three people with average skills. This means I have done some home improvement stuff like...

27' above ground pool [ 4 Answers ]

We installed our own above ground (27') pool. It isn't perfect and a couple of the legs are crooked. Is there anything we can do now to make it more stable and make me feel safer about the pool? We are a little nervous about the pool wall giving way. Is this possible and what should we do?

Above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

My above ground pool was dark green, after shocking it it turned into a hazy blue. I started to vacuum and the water coming back into the pool was dirty. Where should I have the pump on as I am vacuuming? I have a doughboy filter and pump.

Removal of an above ground pool [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a house and it has an above ground pool with a deck around it in the back yard. The pool was built in the 70's and has seen better days. I am in the process of trying to figure out who is the best person to remove it. I want to put grass in it's place. I am getting estimates at...

View more questions Search