Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Patf Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 03:53 PM
    Failed smogcheck
    Hi,

I have brought my 97 Mazda Protégé to do smogcheck but failed of only one reason.

It states on the report :-- This vehicle failed the MIL / Check Engine Light due to failure to successfully complete all OBD self tests.

The mechanic told me that may be there is no code or because changed / disconnected battery. It needs to drive the car with stop and go for couple hundred miles to get signal or code and then do retest.

My question is how to solve the problem to pass the test? Did the mechanic right?

I have recently changed a new battery because there was leak on top of the old battery.

Thanks,
    Pat

Check out some similar questions!

DLL initialization failed [ 2 Answers ]

Hai, I developed an appl. Using vb6.0 as front end and visual foxpro as backend and create package.I have deployed my package in vendor machine. I run the setup by enter into their local id and the setup got installed. But when the user login to their intranet(ie.LAN) it shows msdasql.dll...

Employer failed to send me my W2 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am on a L1 Visa. I came to US on September 30th 2006. My Employer did not create a record for me in ADP and as a result of which I did not get my W2 Form. How do I tackle this Case. Should I report to IRS. Can someone Please advise? Many Thanks Saheem

Eye Test Failed [ 1 Answers ]

Ohio please I failed the eye test when I went to get my license renewed, they took my license but gave me a paper with driving rights until I can get new glasses and retake the test or until my birthday 2/27. We have had horrible weather here and I finally was able to get my eye test and new...

Failed as a friend [ 2 Answers ]

well here it goes: me n my friend are friends for the last 10 yrs, we were sharing a close relationship with each other but before sum time my friend started liking a guy... actually she didn't propose him but she realised that she really loves that guy and can't live without him... but now nothing...

What does failed initaliztaion(0xc0000005) mean? [ 2 Answers ]

What does failed initalization(0xc0000005) mean? I have installed tried to run then uninstalled/then reinstalled it again Dungeon Siege 2 and I stll get this message and the program won't work. I even spent 45mins w/ a Microsoft tech on this problem and he even couldn't figure it out. Has anyone...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.