Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NickMan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 03:12 PM
    What is the Statute of limitations in Ontario, Canada?
    What is the Statute of limitations in Ontario, Canada when a lawyer makes an error in a Real Estate transaction which causes their client to lose money?

When I purchased a piece of property back in the 1974’s, the electric, the hydro power and water required an easement to go through another person’s property that my lawyer assisted me to purchase. When the original tenants left the property and turned off the utilities, the utility companies would not turn it back on with out a new easement. Before I sold the property at a significant loss, it was converted from a residential property to a commercial property.

My lawyer that I used in this transaction is now a judge and the Lawyer’s code of ethics is preventing me from getting legal support.

Thank you in advance for any information that can help assist me in recovering some or all of my losses.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 14, 2007, 12:55 AM
    The following link may help you to find further answers. I hope that it does.

ontario, canada statute of limitations - Google Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of Limitations in the Province of Ontario, Canada [ 14 Answers ]

What is the Statute of Limitations in the Province of Ontario, Canada, regarding the launching of a civil suit for property damage and what must be done to interrupt such limitation?

Statute of Limitations - Ontario [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, This is in reference to a consumer debt by the way. I have read that the Ontartio sTatute law was modified Such that any debt as of jan 1 2004 was "sue-able" within 2 years , any debt before that was "sue-able" for up to 6 years. Is that correct? Also, assuming I encounted a debt in Sept...

Ontario Statute of Limitations for Lawsuits [ 4 Answers ]

The Proceedings Authorization Committee of the Law Society of Upper Canada (LSUC) will be addressing a list of complaints against my mother’s lawyer within the next month that I filed back in November 2004. After a very lengthy & thorough investigation, the assigned Law Society investigator has...

Statute of limitations ontario [ 1 Answers ]

I have a debt that is 15 years old they are now trying to collect what can I do

New vs. Old Statute of Limitations in Ontario [ 1 Answers ]

If a credit card issued in the 1990's goes into arrears sometime after Jan 1/04, does the new SOL or the old SOL in Ontario apply? For further clarification, as of Jan 1/04, there was debt owing on the card but it was not in arrears at that time. Thanks!

View more questions Search