Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dania Rahman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 12:20 PM
    4th state of matter
    What is the definition of the 4th state of matter?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 13, 2007, 12:32 PM
    The most familiar examples of states of matter are solids, liquids, and gases; the most common state of matter in the universe is plasma. Less familiar phases include: quark-gluon plasma; Bose-Einstein condensates and fermionic condensates; strange matter; superfluids and supersolids, and possibly string-net liquids.

They aren't really numbered, so which one is the 4th is really not defined. Your teacher is probably looking for Plasma.
    SameOldSituation Posts: 66, Reputation: 32

May 14, 2007, 09:29 AM
    If you want some more info on "plasma," check out:

Plasma (physics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It might give you a definition of what plasma is.

Where I work, we use Argon gas, an RF (radiofrequency) generator, and a spark to generate plasma. Electrons get knocked off, and the Ar becomes Ar+. Ionized matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4th Stage Lung Cancer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there A very good friend of mine has told me that his Mother has 4th stage lung cancer - can anyone out there tell me what is the prediction on how long she has left in this world?? Thanks

The 4th State of Matter and its explanation [ 1 Answers ]

What is the 4th State of Matter and its explanation?What are examples of this?

1st Ever 4th of July Shuttle Liftoff [ 3 Answers ]

2:38PM EST (GMT -5) today. Watch it live here: http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/live_tv.html The camera is rolling now.

I am the 4th owner for my 1yr mini daschund [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got my dog Harley about three weeks ago, and the previous owner declared to me that he was house broken.  So I watched him for the first few days and left him out while I went to work.  But it seems like he just isn't getting it.  I don't think he is crate trained either, and I work 10 hour...

View more questions Search