Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momsdoingwhat Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 11:39 AM
    Cast iron toilet flange the bolt holes will not hold how do we fix it and the flange
    We have a cast iron flange and the bolt holes are not useable can we cut off the top and add a new plastic flange
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 13, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Why go through the hassle of installing a new flange w3hen repairing the old one is so simple? Pick up a flange repair kit, (see image) from your hardware store. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cast Iron Toilet Flange [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing my toilet and found that the cast iron toilet flange is broken where one of the bolts that hold the toilet should go. This was a crescent shaped slot, but the outer rim is broken and missing. I was going to replace the flange, but can't see how it is fastened to the drain pipe. ...

Rotating Toilet 90 degrees on Cast Iron Flange [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling a bathroom in a 60s vintage home with adequated crawl space. I need to rotate the toilet flange 90 degrees to install the new toilet as the orientation has changed with the remodel. The materials of construction for plumbing is cast iron. I am keeping the same elevation of floor....

Cast Iron Toilet Flange Problems [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have read forums on having the cast iron toilet flange being too high after tile removal. I have some additional questions on this: 1. After removing the Thick set Mortar, the flange is 1 " above the subfloor. Can I just add different types of underlayment to reach the flange (i.e....

Remove cast iron flange [ 2 Answers ]

I am replacing a plastic (fiberglass?) shower pan with a new one. I have the existing pan free from the walls and subfloor, but it is still being held in place by the drain flange (I did remove the strainer!). The flange appears to be cast iron (it is very rusted inside) and is about 4 inches...

Iron flange in concrete no holes to work with [ 2 Answers ]

I have a problem, trying to install a new toilet; when we removed the toilet we notice a iron flange (or pipe coming up in concrete) with a rim and no holes to put the new flange on. This item coming up through the floor remind you of a upside down top hat. How do we install bolts for the toilet...

View more questions Search