Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 08:42 AM
    Can you open your heart?
    Open your heart and share something special today - please.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Hello Rose honey. I was thinking about you today and wondering how you were doing. Happy Mother's Day to you my dear. :)

I will attempt to share something that someone may find useful:

We must always remember that we are human, and as such, we are not perfect.
    We only have control over our own actions.
    We cannot control the actions of others.
    We can attempt to use the knowledge that we have of a situation, in a way that will allow us to make the best choices possible, for ourselves and for those we love.
    We need to actively attempt to find a way to make those negatives in our lives into positives.
    When we attempt to do this, it needs to be done without purposely hurting others so that we may be free of guilt, and know in our hearts and minds, that we have tried the best we are capable of doing.

Many hugs to you Rose!
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 13, 2007, 10:42 AM
    One of my favorite sayings, from author unknown, is this: "A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle."

Thank you to all of you who have lit candles here - compassion, caring, sensitivity, wisdom, experience, humour, and the pure gift of yourself.

Happy Mother's Day!
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2007, 11:30 AM
    [QUOTE=shygrneyzs]One of my favorite sayings, from author unknown, is this: "A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle."

Very Good!
    dcole Posts: 38, Reputation: 8

Aug 14, 2007, 08:19 PM
    My thoughts led me to this conclusion today,

Whether it is true or not is irrelevant (to me), but I choose to look at other people as basically good rather than bad. I won't answer the door with thoughts of my own safety because I simply choose to believe there is goodness out there. News programs and some shows on 'Oprah' can give you the impression that it is a scary and dangerous world out there. Not that it doesn't exist, but I'd rather go on the statistical odds that it won't happen and put on my "rose colored glasses" (pun intended).
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 14, 2007, 10:58 PM
    I believe...
    A little effort
    A new thought
    Sight of blue skies
    A rainbow
    Clear oceans
    Wings to fly with
    And
    One more try
    Are all it takes
    To fly over the sunsets!

----------------------------------------------

If every minute of everyday
    Was deletable-
    I wonder, how many minutes
    Of it would stay just as it was.
    Done with a fearful heart
    & regretted the next minute,
    But good for a laugh
    A year or two later.
    Unfortunately
    Or maybe forutnately
    Our days are not deletable
    So...
    Forgive yourself & try again.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2007, 12:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    One of my favorite sayings, from author unknown, is this: "A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle."
    This reminds me of one of my favorites!

"All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish a single flame".
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2007, 06:33 AM
    I have no love like I do for Liverpool football club, when they play I forget all the problems and make me really happy when watching them. That's why I want someday to own or at least have substantial shares in the club
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2007, 11:55 PM
    One of my daycare kids said " I love you Miss "Start" even when I am mad at you" LOL
    Had some interesting conversations today on AMHD!
    My kids helped me all day as they knew it was pretty crazy and saw me struggling.
    I just noticed how old this thread is. Oh well, good thoughts and open hearts are good any day!
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

Aug 19, 2007, 07:00 AM
    I will bloom where I am planted today :)
    shatteredsoul Posts: 423, Reputation: 130

Aug 20, 2007, 07:06 AM
    Start, I am glad you responded. I had an interesting experience the other day. I had the compelling urge to contact someone that I had not spoke to in about 8 years. I have been thinking of her constantly and I just had to try and reach her. On the day I called her, I found out her brother passed away recently and it was his birthday. I had no idea about either. We spoke for a long time and I shared with her that I too lost someone I care about greatly, in April. After talking a few minutes I found out that they both died in April, on the same day, the 21st. It was just very ironic. I felt so connected to her through her pain and I was so thankful that we got to talk. We have started communicating more since then, and it was truly a heartfelt moment. I took the chance and opened my heart, and it showed me how much others are in need of that. The love and support she needed was calling to me, and through my experience and grief, I reached out and we got over the distance that was lying between us. IT was overwhelming and joyful at the same time. I just wanted to share that.
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2010, 10:04 AM

Hi! How many of you are about and ready to share your wisdom with the newbies.

Hi! Newbies.

Welcome to Ask Me Help Desk!!
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2011, 04:05 AM

Optimists tend to focus more on the best way to do something, they create a plan and even a back up plan. They use positive reinterpretation to replace negative thoughts with more positive thoughts. In other words, they are more likely to reinterpret a negative experience in a way that helps them learn and grow. Such people are unfazed by bad situation, they see it as a challenge.
    Optimists are less dependent on others for their happiness. They find no need to control or manipulate people. They usually draw people to them. Their optimistic view of the world can be contagious and influence those around them. Those who share optimism are generally accepted while those who spread gloom and doom are not. Therefore, if you must be a pessimist try to be an optimistic pessimist!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know if my heart can take it [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I don't really have a question I'm just looking for advice on what I should do. I met this man at the Beginning of the year and I instantly was infatuated by him. We were apart of the same group of friends so naturally we would hang out a lot. One day we exchanged phone...

Heart [ 2 Answers ]

I am experiencing a pins and needles sensation through my whole body when moving around?

The Heart [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I have two questions The first is:Does blood flow to the heart muscle during contraction or relaxation? The second is:What are problems associated with a hole in the heart? Thanks:)

View more questions Search