Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twowheelrider Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 07:02 AM
    Display in control panel will not open
    When I click on the Display icon in the control panel (I want to change my desktop theme... really sick of the cow pasture), all I get is this pop-up message:

An exception occurred while trying to run "C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDL L "C:\WINDOWS\system32\desk.cpl",Display"

It doesn't matter if I double left click, or right click and choose open I get the same thing. All other control panel stuff opens without a problem. Anyone have any ideas?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 13, 2007, 07:39 AM
    Try right clicking on the desktop and select properties. If that doesn't work, then you will need to try using System Restore and go back to an earlier configuration or do a reinstall/repair deoending on your version of Windows.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Control panel display not working or desktop properties and screen flickers [ 5 Answers ]

Um every time I try 2 go into display it doesn't load anything(not even folder) And when I try to got to properties on the desktop it doesn't load anything either and my screen keeps on flickering TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER??

Cannot open "display" in my control panel. [ 13 Answers ]

Hi' I have always been able to figure out how to fix my problems and now I have one I can't seem to fix without reinstalling windows xp. I cannot open my display in the control panel or even in my command prompt. It doesn't give me an error message or anything it just doesn't open. I need some...

Can not open "Display" item on Control Panel HELP ! [ 2 Answers ]

When trying to open the "display" applet inside Control Panel I get a message stating that the system administrator has disabled the miniapp "video" on control panel. I am the administrator om my Windows XP computer and did not do this. Can anyone help me plesae ? Thanks : Mauro

View more questions Search