Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starbucks21 Posts: 282, Reputation: 23

Dec 29, 2008, 03:36 PM
    I had to make a big compromise with the military on my wedding...

I'm getting shipped the 20th so we pushed up the date by a lot and my none of my family could come and my husband's dad and future step mom were the only one's there other than a notary.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2008, 11:59 PM
    Your decision to celebrate a sacrament does not obligate you to entertain any particular group of people or individual. Having children there can be a very lovely idea - but it's neither a social, religious or moral requirement and it can change the tone of the event by preventing adult conversation and preventing the parents from fully relaxing and enjoying the event. I have a huge family and if we were to include all the children in family weddings, it would add about $3,000 to the cost of receptions here in our hometown of Chicago, so typically we have not included children younger than high school in family weddings. Because we are pretty organized, and there are a lot of kids, we have often (the kids parents - not the bride and groom) planned for a cousins party and included the children of out of town guests, at another location. Often we've found that the grandmas from the other side of the family, or some of the teenage cousins were willing to host these cousin parties and occasionally they've been held at the hotel where the reception is taking place. But for just two or three kids, it seems the parents can scare up some child care - a sleepover at a friends house, an overnight at the other Grandma's house or something can usually be arranged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dealing... again :( [ 7 Answers ]

Alrite I'm back. Its been a while since I've been on this thing but I have another problem. For those who already don't know I had an old post called dealing (read for the scoop). Well things were really good for us for about a month. Then it all crashed and burned again. I quit my job because the...

How does one go about dealing with women like this? [ 9 Answers ]

I am currently dating one of the most awesome women I have ever met. We have been dating for around a year and I have more than fallen for her. I tell her I love her and that she is the prettiest and most amazing woman I have ever met. She on the other hand does not seem willing to enunciate the...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

Dealing [ 32 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for four months. We are a really great couple and I absolutley love him with all of my heart. I have never found anyone that I connect with so well and I'm so thankfull that I have found him. Last summer I was very sick and could have lost my life. I was at john...

View more questions Search