Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frisce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2005, 07:45 PM
    AC Leaking Water
    My home air conditioning unit is leaking water - The overflow drip pan is fine, but it just has a steady stream of water coming from the PVC pipe outside. The drip pan is not clogged it is just pouring water. It was freezing a few weeks ago and we had someone come out and recharge the unit. He now says it needs to be cleaned out, another $125. I was just wondering if this seemed correct or if I was been taken for a ride??
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 20, 2005, 09:03 PM
    It must be with the recharge, the unit is working much more effectively and condensing more water out of the air.

Moisture, dirt, bacteria, etc. the coil in an AC gets pretty bad. $125 may be a little stiff, but clean all that crud off the coil, and the unit will run better using less electricity.
    frisce Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2005, 08:52 AM
    AC Leaking Water
    Will this stop the leaking water?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2005, 10:46 AM
    When warm, moist air hits anything cooler, water condenses out. The indoor AC coils are provided drains usually going to the outside. There is no water in conventional AC systems to leak out. Unless water, including rain, is leaking into the air conditioner, the water coming out the drain is the condensate that must go somewhere. It is not leaking, but draining. If you are getting as much as it sounds like, perhaps you need to look at sources of moisture in your house. Air infiltration, leaky pipes, foundation, excessive showers, etc. can all produce moisture, increasing the load on the air conditioner and your wallet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civic 95, Water leaking [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, My honda Civic has started to leak water again, and losing water from the radiator, about a yr ago I've chged the water pump with a genuine honda part, have flushed the cooling system about 4 months ago, the leakage seems to come off the radiator, is very minimal at this stage but it...

Gas furnace leaking water [ 3 Answers ]

Discovered water pooling out on to floor and dripping from within furnace--seemingly coming from furnace vent... there is quite a bit of rust that has formed which leads me to think its been going on for a while within the furnace but was not noticed till now after heavy rains, and the pooling...

Hot water leaking [ 1 Answers ]

The hotwater on my kitchen sink leaks even when the hot water knob is turned off tightly. It doesn't drip it leaks a good bit. So every time I need hot water from this sink I have to turn the waterline on and off. If this is an easy fix what do I need to do to stop this problem.

Water leaking [ 2 Answers ]

I have a furnace assisted electric hotwater heater. My problem is that there is water all around my furnace, below the over flow pipe on the furnace. What could be causing this?

View more questions Search