Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loosa12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 06:28 PM
    I hit a car and ran
    Yea recently I hit a car and ran.. but he came after me and he might have got my license number... I was so scared I thought he was gon shoot me or sometin so I ran... ion no what 2 do... ion want to go 2 jail... my dumb have liability insurance 2... dat could have took care off all of this.. buh I wasn't thinking at all when it happened... ion no what to do I'm scared hell ion want the police knocking at my door.. arrestin me...

What should I do?:(
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

May 12, 2007, 06:44 PM
    You need to get your head straight and call the police and report this, before they come to your door. Reporting an accident is the law - a hit and run is against the law. You own up to your responsibility.
    Auttajasi Posts: 107, Reputation: 27

May 12, 2007, 07:02 PM
    The police might understand if you go to them first and tell them that you were scared. If they find you and you tell them that you were scared, they will just look at it as an excuse trying to escape punishment. This is pretty serious. You need to go to the police with all the details. Tell them sincerely that you were scared at the time. Things may turn out O.K for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2007, 07:09 PM
    As a retired police officer if you to to them and report the accident, explain you were scared. You will still get a ticket for leaving the scene, but you will not go to jail. If they have to issue a warrant for you, you will go to jail,( you can get bailed out the same day) but it is a lot worst.
    ** at least where we worked. If you show the judge you are willing to do the right thing, he will help you a lot more.

**** also this is not instant messesges, so please use full words, and explain what you are talking about, this is also not the hood, so "that" is not "dat".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen, 16, hit a parked car/no license [ 6 Answers ]

My best friend, 16, who I'd do anything for, went to get some food one day but hit a parked car as he was pulling in to park. The car he hit was a brand new toyota tocoma, which the guy bought last week. He was an off duty cop! My best friend was a total mess, crying and panicking because it was a...

Car hit by garbage truck, now being ignored [ 3 Answers ]

A garbage truck hit my car in October.. I know bad luck with me and cars.. the waste management manager came out and looked at my car and said his truck didn't hit it, my neighbor saw, and I took pictures when the truck came by one day and stopped right by my car. I have left many messages and...

My dog got ran over [ 2 Answers ]

He is a 1-year old lab and he got ran over by my neighbors who are also my relatives. He had an emergency surgery - he had 2 holes in his bladder and the surgery cost $1,100. The dog is fine, thank God, but that's a lot of money and they don't want to pay a penny! It happened in their yard and in...

Dog ran over [ 5 Answers ]

My dog was just ran over by a boat trailer (Suv pulling it). She did walk back to the back yard, very slowly. What should I watch for? Internal injuries?

Smell after AC is ran. [ 2 Answers ]

I been getting a strange smell after the AC is ran almost like a gaseous smell, we been redoing the hardwood floors and trying to keep well ventilated with windows open and AC on to keep humidity down. I check all the gas lines with my meter for leaks and none found, could this smell be freon? Or...

View more questions Search