Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssimons11281986 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 03:02 PM
    Got OWI in a different County and on probation!
    I am 20 yrs old and last weekend I got an operating while intoxicated ticket and I am on probation. I want to tell my probation officer but she hates me. The county I got the owi in is 60 miles away from where I am on probation in. I think I should tell her because I have a daughter and work full time and go to school full time. But the judge that sentenced me is a zero tolerance judge for violation. What should I do?!
    ssimons11281986 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Oh yea I got charged for B&E when I was 17 and that probation and case is closed bu I am now on probation for retail fraud.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

May 12, 2007, 03:27 PM
    I don't know how probation works out there, but I would tell her. If she finds out any other way, which is likely I would imagine, it will be a lot worse. Maybe this will shock you into not breaking the law anymore!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2007, 03:44 PM
    If you don't tell them it will go twice as bad when they run the regular criminal back ground checks on you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 13, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Hello s:

They know people travel around, so they regularly check these kinds of things. They're interested in that kind of stuff and it's EASY to check.

Of course, your probation officer may be a lazy, just average bureaucrat, trying to get by and not make waves... HE wouldn't check.

Or, he may be a newbie PO, who tried out for the police department, but got turned down. THIS kind of guy wants to bust you, badly. He's a cop wannabe. That's how he builds up is resume' so he can show it to the police the next time he applies... HE'S going to check - probably every day.

Which one you got??

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation issue resulting in county jail? [ 4 Answers ]

I am in Ohio however my case is in KY. Per an earlier post It sounds like the consensus is that I should expect punishment in the form of jail time. SOOOOOOOOO... my question is... what should I expect in county jail. I am a 37 yr old woman who has never even been arrested. NO drugs or...

Can I move to another county? [ 3 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with someone in another county 3 hours away. I am in California. I have primary custody of my children with some visitation for father. Can I move without the father's permisssion? Or do I have to do it through the court. I am currently in the process of asking for full legal...

Owi [ 4 Answers ]

How much time can you get for 6 owis my last one was 14 years ago ?

Know this county song? [ 5 Answers ]

If you know artist & title please let me know... some of the lyrics are 'I can see me being with you for the rest of my life.. I can see you loving me too.. it sure would be nice... two hearts, one love' thank you .

View more questions Search