Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paulmx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 07:09 AM
    DLink DI524 UP router password / username removal
    How do I remove my ISP username and password entered at installation time of DLink router : DI524UP.
    Reason for removal: the ISP has advised username and password in router is no longer required as router was stopping my ability to connect to the internet due to a change in the ISP operating system. I have had to disconnect the router and return to direct connection between the ISP and my computer. How do I remove the said username and password from the router?
    RetiredNavy Posts: 63, Reputation: 8

May 12, 2007, 07:24 AM
    Unplug the router, press and hold the reset button with a pin, plug back in with the reset button pressed. This restores the router to the default settings with the password as Admin or Administrator, no username.
    jham_lindow Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2007, 08:28 AM
    All routers have a username and password on them, sometimes it doesn't come default and you have to set up. By default the username is admin, and the password is blank. Hope this helps
    rosssayers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2007, 08:52 PM
    After typing 192.168.0.1 when starting dlink cannot acess admin page
    jham_lindow Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Sep 25, 2007, 01:18 AM
    Just for your info... this is for the DLink DI524 UP router, and not any other. The same info might be used in other routers, but no others I know. I use a Visionnet Wireless Router and I have adapted to that. Sorry that I couldn't provide accurate assistance.
    eduard_tiberiu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2011, 05:26 AM
    *** aflu parola de la wireless d-link model.di-524

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Router within a Router - Connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a wireless network to be able to use my laptop, but am having problems getting everything working; The wireless is "Connected" yet I'm unable to access the internet, or ping the default gateway. The current setup consists of a Zyxel Prestige 643 (The "internet gateway", a...

My username says it all. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 19... 1. I'm a virigin 2. I have never been in a relationship 3. I have no self-esteem (e.g hate my body) 4. I worry a lot about the whole r'ship thing Will this especially numbers 1 and 2 put a lad I like off me? Also do lads get offended or embarrassed by a girl masturbating over...

D-Link Wireless Router - how do I set up to require password to access? [ 2 Answers ]

I have DI-524 Wireless Router. How do I set up to require users to require password to connect (go from unsecured to secured)? I suspect my neighbors using my router and it is impacting performance of my connections. And for the life of me, I can't figure out the manuals which came with the...

Problem with Dlink DSL-500 router [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I've stopped DHCP and DNS on the win2k3 server and made the router works as DHCP and DNS ( ADSL router Dlink DSL-500 ). Problem is when I try to setup a new computer to be a member of the domain it just fails giving an error that it can't resolve the name, while from the same...

Losing internet username and password [ 2 Answers ]

Running Windows XP. If I reboot or shutdown, my dial up connection loses my username and password and I have to type it in manually. It will keep info for the duration that the computer is on. Have no clue as to what the problem is! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search