Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abhutchi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2005, 01:34 PM
    Lint is flying out of our vent into the backyard
    New home, 5 year old dryer... We have lint coming out of the vent connected to the dryer, and it is making a mess on our patio. Please let me know what I can do.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2005, 02:22 PM
    Most dryers have a screen to collect the lint. Does your have a little door or something labeled lint screen? Check it over. If you can't find anything, go to a store that sells your brand, and check them, perhaps talking to a sales person about it. The one on your dryer could be damaged or missing.
    DAVE231 Posts: 91, Reputation: 9

Apr 23, 2005, 09:11 AM
    Your vent pipe may need cleaning. If you can, disconnect it from the back of the dryer and vacuum it out. I do mine once a year.
    abhutchi Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2005, 01:34 PM
    Cleaned out!
    My lint screen had lint behind it, so I took it out and vacuumed it, and I also vacuumed out the vent pipe. No more lint in the grass. THANK YOU :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Little flying bugs in basement [ 4 Answers ]

Hi.. I seem to be having a big problem down under... in the basement that is.. I always notice a lotta dead little, flying bugs (about the size of a pinhead or slightly bigger) all over my basement floor and many of them dead near my 2 basement windows. I figured it was the tall grass outside so...

Laundry Pump vent hookup. How? - no vent access [ 9 Answers ]

I have a Laundry Tray Pump System connected to my wash tub in my fifteen year old townhome's basement. I was recently informed that it was not properly installed because I never connected the vent pipe from the pump. I had some one look at it and was told that the house's vent system (which...

Dry vent used as wet vent [ 7 Answers ]

I have a basement bathroom and an upstairs bathroom... speedball1 you stated in one of your questions answered "Yes, but you must realize that once you drain the fixtures from the upstairs bath into it that it will no longer be a vent from that point down . It then becomes a stack and every...

Little Flying Devils [ 6 Answers ]

For quite some time in my house I've had a wheat moth problem. It all started when ONE moth flew in the window and since then they have grown into a very frustrating colony. I have gone around the house w/ a rolled up newspaper but they are EVERYWHERE how can I get rid of these pests with out...

View more questions Search