Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 24, 2007, 07:10 AM
    Well you really have to get him to want it as well, like the song says. "It takes two babe..."

Luckily I learned this when I was 18 with a girlfriend... and her girlfriend. Was a real shock at the time but I got an education of a lifetime that's served me well.

I haven't seen either of them since 1981 but will never forget them.

Luckily my wife is also interested in keeping things spiced up as well so I can honestly say I am likely way above average in satisfaction there even with 16 years in the marriage.

We both entertain each others ideas and give them a try. Like the saying goes, we'll try anything once, twice if we like it.

Find out what catches his interest... pick one thing.. then another, one step at a time. Hopefully he will take the que.
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

May 24, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Letmetellyou that was one of the bluntest answers I have read on here but sadly it was spot on. I have been trying to deal with this exact problem with my partner for months now and it has come to the point where I told him I would leave if nothing changed. Nothing changed so I have left him even though this was the man I wanted to marry. I thought the shock would change him but if anything it just caused arguments we never would have had and I had to leave. I'm really trying to tell myself that I have done the right thing. I just couldn't go on the way things were. I was having to think about other things and other people to get myself off and I grew tired of getting no sexual attention. I started to lose my confidence which affected every aspect of my life.
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

May 24, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Thinking you can change people is the biggest mistake one can make when going into a relationship.
    Manny Mo Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

May 24, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Tease him! Don't just give it up to him. Make him work for it. He might find this exciting and can lead into some fun games you can play together. Most men are lazy when it comes to sex. They just want to get their rocks off and that's it. But if you play hard to get then it will force him to stop being lazy and help add some excitement for both of you. They may not like it at first, but don't give in. Make him give in to your needs. If he won't make that extra effort to please you then why should you do the same for him. Marriage is 50 50 and not 90 10.
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

May 24, 2007, 07:11 PM
    I have read research that state that over fifty percent of all aspects of love making is ninety percent mental. To say this simply over half of all aspects of sex is majority mental. The short affair probobably seemed so hott because it was frobidden fruit. Give your husband a chance. If you think that he sucks he will suck. Try sexual counseling, as long as the physical aspects are there it can work.
    fix-what-you-broke Posts: 305, Reputation: 61

May 25, 2007, 03:20 AM
    I have noticed a lot of these threads with near enough the same title.. my mans is a rubbish lover,my hubby is rubbish in bed, I have still to notice one that says "our" sexlife is dull.it takes two to tango,why is he the bad lover and not both of you? He may be thinking the same of you.
    Communicate,tell him how important it is and he will get the message, guide him and tell him what you want and how you want it, men are not mind readers and I believe they shouldn't take all the blame for a dull sex life which you are BOTH involved in.
    myohmy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Comment on letmetellu's post
    Right on the money
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

May 25, 2007, 12:14 PM
    TOUCH HIM and GUIDE HIM.
    When you are cooking and he comes home, ask him to get close. Grab his hand and put it on your breast.
    Get him from behind and grab his package.
    Softly run your finger one the inside of his hand.
    Just try different things through out the day to make him want some. And then at night tease him. Give him oral, if he says he doesn't want to give you any, when you are giving him, turn around and do 69.
    You can send him a nasty text message or just say. You Me Tonight... Can't Wait.
    Little things like that. Guys don't understand that we just don't get statified with simple sex.
    Good Luck :)
    sexcccy013lv Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

May 25, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetmelissa
    My husband and I have alot of sex but never make love. My problem is it is boring and predictable. I have tried everything to spice it up. How do I get him to become a better lover? I had a brief affair and the intimacy was THE BEST I have ever experienced. I ended it because I don't want another I want my spouse and I want it to be phenominal at least sometimes. He wonders why I don't want it more often. I have tried to talk to him and I have told him exactly what I want and he continues to do things exactly the same with no effort to change. Please help....any and all advice appreciated.
    Try playing sex games play act out pretend you're a whore he has to pay for, or blindfold him,and tease him to a point where he can't hold out, vise versa. See I was the same way after 20 years of doing different things to my husband and him doing to me I went for a24 year old after 20 years of marriage the sex was boring so now I'm 40 starting al over again 4 kids with my husband and now 9 month old baby with my boyfriend see that's what happens after nothing else works so if you don't want a new man and a new family try new acts
    pmatt Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Did you husband find out about the affair?

I would say communincate and tell him that what you don't like abou his bedskills,

Think about telling him about the affair too.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 26, 2007, 09:31 PM
    How does he feel about your sex life?
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 26, 2007, 10:10 PM
    My husband is the same way and it happens after a while, it was a little better in the beginning! Anyway you should really make him understand because he may not take it seriously, guys don't!! You need to make him understand, give him the silent treatment and when he asks what's wrong let him know. I know of some people that hold off on sex to get there way, now I don't neccessarilly agree with this but it WORKS!! I have been too afraid to do it because I think that my husband will run to another if I hold off on sex but it is up to you.

Also make a romantic getaway for the day and surprise your husband, go to a motel and do something different. This is the only thing that works for me is if I really make him to understand that I need the romance and a lot of times he suggests that we get a way and go to a motel, etc. The only other time my husband want to do different things more romantically is when we watch x rated films and he will be ready to try anything after watching dirty movies.
    Patchi Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2007, 10:49 PM
    You and your husband needs serious counselling.You both should identify what's best for you.Sex is a mutual affair,not one-sided.One question"do you know what turns on your husband most?if yes,repeat it quite often.he will surely give back a return offer.
    intellectpursues Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

May 27, 2007, 12:16 AM
    Ok, my advice as a guy, without hurting a mans ego is to make him want it. When he tries to start the regular boring intercourse with you just be like, "nah, not in the mood tonight". Honestly, that would piss me off, and hurt, but right after that, you have to be like, "well, only if we can try _ this time".. you know whatever you're into. Eventually, if he wants it, he'll try it. Just don't fall into the same position or situation your regular sex becomes. Make the regular stuff seem so boring to you that he gets the freaking hint. He's your partner, so make him understand this is who you are, and repetition to sex is not the key

May 27, 2007, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    To many men do not understand how the female body works. It is not that they are not good lovers they just do not know what to do.

Men don't understand that a good night of sex may begin with him caring out the trash earlier that morning, maybe followed up buy a phone call durning the day telling her how much he loves her, and it would not hurt a thing to take her out to dinner that night. But that is not what a lot of men think, he thinks get in bed naked, that tells her what he wants, roll over on her and tries to slip it in, it won't go so he spits on his hand to lubricate things, then he slips in and after a few pumps he is through. Then he might ask "Was it good for you:?
    I agree. Most women appreciate the little things. When a woman feels like she is appreciated and special it is amazing how moved she can become. Try to look at the positive things in your husband. Instread of focusing on the sex, tell him what you do like about him. Maybe he is feeling insecure in your relationship and this is carrying over into your intimate life. Good Luck!

May 27, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    How does he feel about your sex life?
    AAAHHHH, BORAK!! 111
    Megg Posts: 421, Reputation: 53

May 27, 2007, 02:41 PM
    My situation is exactly the same as yours... except I am the one who is boring.
    MysteryWoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetmelissa
    My husband and I have alot of sex but never make love. My problem is it is boring and predictable. I have tried everything to spice it up. How do I get him to become a better lover? I had a brief affair and the intimacy was THE BEST I have ever experienced. I ended it because I don't want another I want my spouse and I want it to be phenominal at least sometimes. He wonders why I don't want it more often. I have tried to talk to him and I have told him exactly what I want and he continues to do things exactly the same with no effort to change. Please help....any and all advice appreciated.
    I have the same problem. My husband is boringly predictable about other things in life, too like food, clothing, vacations, television and other entertainment. He flatly refuses to give oral sex but prefers that I do it for him over genital sex, he acts like he's doing me a favor when he "has to" do the missionary position. Lately, the only way I get sex is if I say something snarky - THEN he responds. It's almost never his idea, I have to 'remind' him. He simply ignores my requests for changes or oral sex, doesn't say no, just ignores me. He behaves as if he loves me in other ways - touches me and kisses me often. But sex seems like an issue for him. In my estimation, he's selfish, because he can't get over himself to even try what I'd like. He prefers rear entry vaginal sex, which to me is rather impersonal, and doesn't provide the stimulation I need. I'm quite tempted to call an old boyfriend and get jiggy with him. It's very sad that someone I love, and who apparently loves me, is such a big zero in the bedroom, and stubborn about it to boot.

Jun 2, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    wear a costume to bed, get some body paints, and let him know, guide his hands as to what you want.

get some marriage couseling, everyone needs it some, it sounds like you need it more than ever
    Wear a costume to marriage counseling and let the therapist apply the body paint. Marriage counseling is only for the select few who still might have a future together. It is basically just a safe atmosphere for someone to play more mind games and use it againgst you later. On second thought, stick with the costume!
    lovemyhubby26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

Jun 4, 2007, 12:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by letmetellu
    Men don't understand that a good night of sex may begin with him caring out the trash earlier that morning, maybe followed up buy a phone call durning the day telling her how much he loves her, and it would not hurt a thing to take her out to dinner that night. But that is not what a lot of men think, he thinks get in bed naked, that tells her what he wants, roll over on her and tries to slip it in, it won't go so he spits on his hand to lubricate things, then he slips in and after a few pumps he is through. Then he might ask "Was it good for you:?
    I read this and almost started crying! This is my life, pretty much every time and my husband yells screams, and even punches things because he feels that he is not getting sex enough. I have tried to drill it in to him what I need, but it still stays the same. I feel like I am going crazy. When I try to explain to him in detail, he gets his feelings hurt and ends up PO'd at me. I don't know what to do. The sex is so bad sometimes that I go into the bathroom and cry silently. Sad. Tonight when he asked, "Did that feel good?" I said, "No, it didn't." Then tried again to explain with the same results, him mad and me not sleeping in the room. I don't know what to do. I appreicate all the advice posted here, but it seems like I am going to have a BAD sex life forever at this point. Anyone ever come out of this situation?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lover? Or just friends? [ 8 Answers ]

OK here is my problem... Me and this girl have been really good friends. During most of the time we have gotten to known each other I have been with someone else and so has she so being just friends was perfectly fine with each other. However near the end of my relationship with my ex I started...

My Aunt's.Lover? [ 2 Answers ]

My Aunt is only 4 years older than me. I love her to death. She has 2 children that she does not have custody of. She only sees them on the weekends she can afford to. She lives with her mother, my grandmother. She has numerous problems. I would love to help her, but she doesn't listen to me. For...

My lover wants space? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi everybody. My girlfriend and I have been going out for 8 months now and found ourselves falling in love with each other just 3 months into the relationship. We are both in our 2nd year of uni at oppostie sides of the country and both have very demanding courses. When we're both at home during...

Animal Lover [ 1 Answers ]

First off, I am a major animal lover:D If I could buy a load of land and take abused and abandoned animals and take care of them I would. My problem is this: I work with 37 men and 1 other women and the men know how I love animals. Last summer a kitten got into our dumpster at work and some...

All music lover [ 2 Answers ]

Does any one knows anythinf about Rhianna and the songs she sings.:p

View more questions Search