Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    papabear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Behind on mortgage payments
    What to do if I'm behind on my mortgage?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2007, 09:22 AM
    Get a second job and get it caught up.

Call them and see if you can make a payment plan paying extra each month till it is caught up
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 11, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Contact your Lender, more than likely they will work with you on catching your payments up. More importantly don't ignore your problem, letting your home fall into foreclosure will cause you to incur more costs (attorney fees, etc.) making in harder to pay your mortgage current.
    RetiredNavy Posts: 63, Reputation: 8

May 11, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Definitely contact the lender. I personnaly have had to do that before. It is easier to work with them than the courts. Most are reasonable and now it is cheaper for them to work with you then not to.
    Home Retention Agency Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

May 15, 2007, 05:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by papabear
    what to do if im behind on my morgage?
    What do you want to do?

Keep the home?

Get rid of it?

Your answer will determine what needs to be done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need advice on mortgage. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I need some advice on a legal matter. This is taking place in Kentucky. My fiancé was recently behind on her mortgage payment. She only owes around $2000 on her mortgage. I have given her the money to catch up, but it has already been turned over to the lawyers. The lawyers...

Can I get a mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi both me and my partner are 18 and we have a two year old daughter. We have been renting a house for the last year at £500 pound a year. I am a full time student and by partner earns about 19,000 we were just wondering whether we would be able to get a mortgage for about 104,950 over a 35 year...

Mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

I am finding it hard to find a mortgage. I cannot prove I have an income :( I have been talking to a few mortgage lenders, they can do nothing for me. Can anyone help...

View more questions Search