Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shapmaine Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2005, 01:53 PM
    No forced air out of a duct in bedroom
    Hi,
    I'm living in an old farmhouse, renovated over the years by various people. We are new to the house. Our forced hot air system works great in all the bedrooms and rooms except our 2nd floor bedroom(this is the master bedroom). We get no air out of our vent. I checked in the basement for ducting, and there seems to be a duct that goes into the same wall as the vent in our bedroom. The manual Valves in the ductwork are horizontal, I assume this is "on", and the duct seems to be sealed OK. Is there a way to see what might be happening. I can't see into the walls unfortunately. We live in Maine.. its cold in the winter!
    Thanks
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2005, 03:18 PM
    I guess the place to start would be to try the handle in the other position. Could have somehow gotten installed backwards. Next, I would pull the register off in the bedroom and probe into the duct as far as you can. Maybe even drop a nut down it while one of you listens in the basement. Does the duct in the basement get warm when the furnace runs? Poke around, and let me know what you find if you need more help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas forced air heater won't turn heat on [ 6 Answers ]

My honeywell thermostat electric, shows "filter" change light blinking and won't turn on the heater when turned up. The thermostat will 'click' when temp turned up and I can manually turn on the fan but no fire in the heater. The thermostat is 1 year old, filter changed

Flexi Duct vrs Aluminum Duct [ 4 Answers ]

I am adding an addition onto my house. The local building inspector has already told me my HVAC unit is more than adequate in size to support the addition. The old duct vents are aluminum. Can or should I use flexi venting in the new part? What are the pros and cons of these two types of vent...

Forced air heater [ 1 Answers ]

Blows 3 amp fuse. After fuse blows fan comes on. Ignitor works prior to fuse blowing but no gas. One resistor on board appears to have black mark.

Can I Use lower fan speed with Forced Air Heating? [ 2 Answers ]

Our single story house with basement has three heating/cooling zones. Two zones are both cooling & heating, with cooling via air conditioner and forced hot air heating via boiler fed heating loop that runs through the air handler. Each air handler has two fan speeds, but at present (only) the high...

View more questions Search