Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annapolis7 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 18, 2005, 01:34 PM
    Help, please.
    I truly, physically hate my younger sister. She will do anything to makeme angry and destroy my confidence and control. I dream of hurting her because she truly drives me that crazy. It killsme spendign time with her or even beung in the same room as her, I want to kill myself and her. I know this is considered terrible but it is how I feel. How can I deal/what should I do?

Fed Up
    pretty_in_pink Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2005, 06:38 AM
    Plssss...

Don't think that way... killing yourself and/or your sister is a great sin... it will not... again WILL NOT solve any problem!

Maybe she's just seeking for your attention... love or care

Maybe try to talk to her, have a conversation...

Know what's in her mind and let her know what's in yours too...

Have a definite do's and dont's inside the room.

I have a younger sister who's 11 yrs my junior... and all she want to do is to annoy everybody in the house and then laugh... that's her definition of "fun"... we just often ignore her... then she'll be quiet

I don't speak good english so please have more patience. :)
    valleycem Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2005, 12:47 PM
    A few questions... What is your age and your sister's age? Do the two of you have to share a room? It sounds like maybe you need to spend more time apart. Getting out of the house with a hobby or sport could help. Try to limit the time you have to be around each other. Does she have any friends her age?

Also, have you told her how it makes you feel, the way she acts? Maybe she doesn't realize how awful it really makes you feel and she just thinks she's teasing. It might be hard to sit down with her and tell her how you feel and what it is doing to you, but she needs to realize this and stop. Hopefully she is just immature and will outgrow her annoyingness.
    StellaLumina Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2005, 06:52 PM
    Fed up,
    It's pretty normal to get frustrated and even have super mean fantasies about annoying younger siblings!
    It's how you act that's important. How can you handle that anger and frustration without hurting her or yourself? Have you talked to your parents about this? Have you tried journaling? Or even exercising can help with a lot of those feelings!
    It sounds to me like you need some time away from your little sister. Can that be arranged? Space can work wonders, try to figure out ways to just get a break from her and get some YOU time! Can you go for a run? Take a long bath? Go hang out with a friend? Talk on the phone? Chat with your friends online? Put on some headphones and some really loud music... you get my point!
    I think the fact that you are asking for help is excellent and hopefully some of these suggestions will help.

Good luck! :D
    jflohr Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2005, 09:45 AM
    Can't stand my sister
    I used to dislike my sister and after many years she is my best friend. She had grown up and now both of us are adults. She is the one that I always call when I need someone to talk to. So I suggest that you just try to put up with her which I know is hard but in the long run your sister just might become your best friend. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search