Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ivory5130 Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Sales Journal
    I just need to know if I did this correctly. The directions state that Middleton Co. uses a sales journal, a purchases journal, a cash receipts journal, a cash disbursement journal, and a general journal. Here are the following transactions.

3-2 Sold mdse costing 300 to B fager for 450 cas, invc 5703
    3-5 Purchased 2300 of mdse on credit from Marsh Corp.
    3-7 Sold mdse costing 800 to J. Dryer for 1150, terms 2/10 n/30, invc 5704
    3-8 Borrowed 8000 cash by signing a notes payable to the bank.
    3-12 Sold mdse costing 200 to R. Land for 320, terms n/30, invc 5705
    3-16 Received 1127 cash from J. Dryter to pay for the purchase of March 7
    3-19 Sold used store equipment for 900 cash to Malone, Inc.
    3-25 Sold mdse costing 350 to T. Burton for 550, terms n/30, invc 5706

Prepare headings for a sales journal. Journalize the transactions that should be recorded in this sales journal.

I choose dates 3-2, 3-7, 3-12, and 3-25. Did I choose the right ones and did I forget anything?

Total 2470 a/r debited and sales credited
    Total 1650 COGS debit and inventory credit:confused:
    accountsteacher Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2009, 12:48 AM
    You have chosen the write dates. Go ahead n make sales journal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside sales? [ 2 Answers ]

[ok here's my question, I have checked out many sales poss. However I find most of them ,quite fake, and very dishonest. Can anybody tell me about the company called FULLER BRUSH COMPANY? ARE THEY EAZY TO SELL? BRAD

General Journal versus Cash Payment Journal [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ethical issue case I'm working on, but am stuck. I would like to know how would I determine which journal to use say for example, you go on a business trip to Australia and take your spouse along at company expense. Well that is unethical for sure, but you are best friends with the vice...

Net Sales [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm trying to make a multi-step income statement. I am given account balances for cash, A/R, inventory, supplies in the store, prepaid rent, accounts payable, common stock, and retained earnings. How do I find the amounts to plug into the statement... such as finding the figures for Net...

Sales Tax ID [ 1 Answers ]

I am starting a Home Business. I will be a Distributor for Mia Bella Scents. Please help me with this. Thank you, Barbara Dresslar

Sales tax [ 1 Answers ]

A week ago I bought a laptop in California and paid all necessary taxes. Now I am leaving the US from San Francisco and I'll take my new laptop outside the US. Can I return taxes (I have the Russian passport)? If yes, how and where can I do that? Thank you very much for assistance. Ma_Shma

View more questions Search