Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stacyLynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 06:08 PM
    Ectopic Pregnancy
    I had a ectopic in May, and I got my first period but it is lasting forever it seems like, 13 days to be exact. Anybody know how long this will keep up?:(
    whiteladybug2002 Posts: 235, Reputation: 36

May 10, 2007, 06:11 PM
    I am not quite sure, but I suggest you calling your ob/gyn to make sure all is okay.

Good Luck and God Loves You!
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 10, 2007, 10:43 PM
    This can be normal after an ectopic pregnancy but I would still check with your doctor!
    This same thing happened to me also and I became anemic (tired all of the time) from losing too much blood from having a period that lasted almost a month. You need to get rechecked and have a iron test to make sure that you are not anemic from bleeding a lot. Are you tires a lot? I was a little tired more than usual not much but my dr happened to see it when poking my finger. The doctors also put me on birth control pill to make my periods normal and it worked! He did this so I don't become anemic again and to keep my periods regular and this has helped a lot.

I would also recommend going to the dr because other explanations for a long period can be ovarian cysts and ovarian cysts can also cause a ectopic pregnancy or fybroid tumors as well. The doctor will give you a pap smear and a pelvic ultrasound to make sure that everything is okay inside of your uterus. This will make sure that your tubes are fine since the surgery for the ectopic pregnancy, did they do a D&C?. and that nothing is out of the ordinary. Also are you overweight? Not to be nosey and you don't have to answer that but I have been MUCH better now that I have lost weight and I have no more problems with my periods, etc. Try relaxing and not worrying about it too much, also eat healthy and excersize as much as you can because your life will be so so much is easier that you would not believe!! Hope this info helps and keep us updated!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would an ectopic pregnancy cause a false negative? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I don't really know much about Ectopic Pregnancies... However I was treated for Chlamydia about 3 years ago(very long story). Anyhow, I haven't had my period since the 9th of November and have had unprotected sex with my hubby all month. He isn't aware that I have ever been treated for...

Conceiving after ectopic pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... im 25 yrs old n had ectopic pregnancy(ruptured right tube) in mar'06 and a laprotomy(clear blocked left tube)in oct'06... just wanted to know what r my chances of conceiving(my eggs are weak)...

She has had an ectopic pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, my husband and I live in a very isolated part of Australia. There are a lot of young families here for work - Living away from their families and friends back on the coast. We have become close to another married couple, which has been nice for company and support. On Sunday my friend...

Ectopic Pregnancy [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I would appreciate if someone has got knowledge in the above subject to give me an immediate answer. One of my closest friends went on holidays on 28th March 2006. He stayed with his family for one month. His wife has consulted a gyaenacologist who gave her a contraceptive pill as both of...

View more questions Search