Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chapmang Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 05:40 PM
    Mexican marriage
    I was married in Mexico never registered our marriage certificate w/ the county I live in California? Am I legally married in California?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2007, 07:36 PM
    1. You don't register a marriage in the us, and yes if this was a legal wedding in Mexico you are still married in California,

Some people will record ( not register) their out of the US marriage certificate so it is on file at the court house for future reference.

So you will have to get a divorce if you don't want to be married now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mexican Immigration [ 51 Answers ]

Just my thoughts. I can HAVE & SPEAK. About them. This America!! Why should Mexican people be any different, than any other person wanting to come to the US ? The process of any person wanting to come to the US should be the same for ALL!! A person from Europe, such as Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Go...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

Mexican American in the Southwest 19th century [ 2 Answers ]

What changes took place in the southwest during the 19th century?

Marriage that 16 [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 16 and have a baby can I married my 23 year old babyfather

Marriage [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=24811 The above link is a question about money in a relationship. It turned into a religious discussion by one member. My question is: Are all marriages considered to be "religious ceremonies"? A marriage in a Church is usually considered a...

View more questions Search