Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaymela Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 03:48 PM
    I have a curse put on me!
    I have had the worse luck for as long as I can remember.(bad luck isn't even the word) Absolutely everyone in my family is messed up to the point where I had to disown all of them to ever have a normal life. So I left home when I was 15, I've always tried and tried and been a very strong person. But literally EVERYTHING go's wrong, almost every friend I ever had stole from me or did something otherwise horrible. Every boyfriend I have has cheated. I got hit by a car, then run over by the same car in the same day(and barely lived) I have broke every bone practically in my body in freak accidents that just don't happen to other people on a daily basis like they do with me. If you knew me your first impression would be that I'm very friendly and nice. But for some reason every new person I meet, gets really close at first then out of knowwhere hates me and won't go near me! Ive never held a job because they just let me go for no apparent reason! After like a week! Im always on time, and the least confrontational person you'd ever meet. Those that DO know me good , also really think there's a curse on me(even people that don't believe in this stuff at all, believe its true for me!) they honestly can't see what I'm doing to attract all this negativity towards me. Despite all the bad luck I really try to lead an honest good life, I'm always the first to help someone in crisis. Yet my life is always in a disaster state. Ive lived a lot of places and went to a few phycics that wernt associated with each other at all. And they ALL said I have a curse on me that gives me a bad aura. And makes people do bad things to me and makes other bad things happen. 2 phycics mentioned that they believe someone put the "evil eye" curse on me when I was a young teen ager. I don't know much about this. But I need to get rid of it! I'm only 25, and I need all the bad things to stop happening. Ive also went to counselors because of all the stuff that is always happening, and I asked for phycological evaluations from numerous shrinks, and I am completely mentally sound, so I'm not imagining it, I have bad luck, a curse or something! If someone has any information on how to get rid of this or knows how the "evil eye" got put on me and how to get rid of it... please help... any info on getting rid of a bad aura or a bad curse would really help! Thanks
    persainpapaya Posts: 58, Reputation: 21

May 10, 2007, 06:22 PM
    My advise would be first... stop going to fortune tellers. The bible clearly states that their "blood will be on their own head". Did you know that by telling you something as a fact in your life, it can be a curse? I hear of a girl who was married for five years and couldn't get pregnant. She and her husband were both checked out physically, and the Doctors couldn't find a thing wrong with either one of them. The girl went to a Christian Healing Room one night, worn out and confused. She remembered that back in High School she had seen a psychic who told her that she was never going to have children. That night, she was prayed over, they broke the curse placed on her, and spoke in the name of the most high God, JESUS, that she would bear children. Three months later, she was pregnant, and had her healthy baby. I know that there will probably be many people who will disagree with me in this forum. But I am only stating what I believe to be true. Blessings.
    NJGirl07 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

May 11, 2007, 06:03 AM
    A lot of psychics out there will tell you anything... they want to make you vulnerable and spend more money for you to have them tell you more. It's a great business... maybe I should open one up! LOL... Anyway, there are some spell books in the book stores on how to break curses... etc... you should check them out. Otherwise, if you trully believe it's a curse, then pray hard for it to break... or go to a professional.. but be careful... some of those people are strictly there to rip you off too and you need to explore before you decide on someone. Otherwise, I don't know... I have been to psychics for fun when I was a child. One told me my next boyfriend was going to have the initials KJ or something.. well that never happened and I've been through 3 boyfriends since. They also told me I would have been married by like 27. I'm 29 now... so like I said... I think a good number of them just do it for money... And if you must know.. spells to break curses have more power if you try them on your own than if you have someone do it for you. Read up a little on the craft first though. I am a catholic and I do believe in Jesus fully... but I also believe in the universe and energies and spirits..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2007, 07:44 AM
    Pure bull, first no one can have control over you unless you let them.

You have friends who do this type of thing because you perhaps hang out with or pick the wrong friends, making poor choices appear to be your issues, but bad things happen to all of us, that is why many are callled accidents. Perhaps the car that hit you twice was trying to hit you for a reason,

You are allowing and accepting curses and "evil eyes '( sorry I have to laught that anyone believes that bull) but you believing it allows it to be there and allows you to put all bad things into one bucket and when you expect bad to happen, often it does.

I used to do stage show hypnosis with some forture tellers who opened the act, it was all bull, they learned early how to read people, from their actions, their clothes and the such.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 11, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Absolutely correct.

Also, as the late Ann Landers put it, "nobody can take advantage of you without your permission".
    NJGirl07 Posts: 38, Reputation: 2

May 11, 2007, 09:53 AM
    You should read the book entitled "The Secret" which talks about the Law of Attraction and ways that you could change your life positively because like attracts like... It was featured on Opera... get the book!
    Psychic Hecate Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2007, 09:35 AM
    There are no such thing as curses, hexes etc... These things are what fake psychics use to try and scare and manipulate people into thinking that people need their help to get rid of these things. A fake psychic is someone who pretends to have gifts that they don't, and because they don't have these gifts the only way they can bring you in or make you believe in them is by scaring you, once they have you scared they can ask for ridiculous amounts of money to supposedly help you get rid of your curse. You have no curse or hex on you, these fake psychics didn't care about you, there only thought was what they could get out of you. Its fakes like that, that give real and genuine psychics and mediums a bad name.

The things in your life that have been happening can be traced back to different circumstances, attitudes that you and those around you acted upon in your life, many of the bad relationships and so forth can be traced back to you, how you feel about yourself, low self esteem, low confidence etc...

I have also studied severely earth based religions and I have found that the only way that anything negative can reach out and touch you is by belief, the mind is a terribly strong machine and your own belief can make things happen. If, someone's scares you and tells you that your cursed and that bad things will happen because of this, then the power of your own belief can make these things happen...

Rest assure, you are not cursed... your never have been...

I hope this helps

Many Blessings

Psychic Hecate
    (A Genuine and Honest Professional Psychic Medium)
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2007, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck

You have friends who do this type of thing because you perhaps hang out with or pick the wrong friends, making poor choices appear to be your issues, but bad things happen to all of us, that is why many are callled accidents. perhaps the car that hit you twice was trying to hit you for a reason,

You are allowing and accepting curses and "evil eyes '( sorry I have to laught that anyone believes that bull) but you believing it allows it to be there and allows you to put all bad things into one bucket and when you expect bad to happen, often it does.

I used to do stage show hypnosis with some forture tellers who opened the act, it was all bull, they learned early how to read people, from thier actions, thier clothes and the such.

Yep, pure Bull. No one can put a curse on you.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2007, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NJGirl07
    You should read the book entitled "The Secret" which talks about the Law of Attraction and ways that you could change your life positively because like attracts like... It was featured on Opera.... get the book!
    But, if you just sit on your couch waiting for something wonderful to happen, it won't. You have to make things happen in your life. With a good positive attitude and the right tools, you really can do just about anything you set your mind to. The Secret really doesn't make that point very clear.
    TisSheilah Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

May 22, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Hi,

If you believe that you are cursed, you will attract negative things to you (or at least you will notice the negative incidents in your life rather than the positive occurences). It is that simple.

I'm a hypnotist. Trust me, there are several websites that offer free subliminal mp3's that can increase your level of positive thinking or you can Google Positive Thinking Hypnosis (start by visiting NLP Weekly » Articles and Free Subliminals ).

Now, I'm married to a pagan and,yeah, I know quite a few "spells" that can end a curse. Honestly, I'm not sure that it's the spells that work, but the placebo effect that it creates for my husband. If he's not constantly stressed out and worried then he doesn't do the silly stuff that causes problems for him (like driving too slow on the highway or arguing with the boss - see how catastrophic thinking can lead to incidents that appear to be the result of bad luck?)

The absolute best book to have is The element encyclopedia of 5000 spells: the ultimate reference book for the magical arts by Judika Illes (It's $20.00 at Barnes and Nobel and it has saved me a ton of money... it even contains the recipes for all those oils that cost $9.99 a vial! ). The book has an entire chapter on the evil eye: there is no need to ever pay a psychic, quack doctor, or voodoo practitioner again! Doing this stuff yourself is far more powerful anyway because YOU know what was done will be effective for you: it's your energy, your belief and your cure. You design the life you want.

All of the forms of Paganism are like any other religion: if you believe then it will prove true for you. If you're Christian prayer should fix the problem. If you're catholic a petition St. Michael will help. If you don't believe in any higher power, but believe in modern medicine, then psychiatric drugs will help you feel better (sounds like you tried seeing a doctor already, though). In my humble opinion, all of these avenues work via the placebo effect: the cure of a problem via the power of belief (yeah, even Prozac, studies suggest that 75% of the improvement with this drug is due to the placebo effect).

I hope this helps.

TisSheilah
    Uber Member

May 22, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Curses, invisible guy in the guy, same thing. Best to take control of your own life.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2007, 03:46 PM
    No one has power over you, except yourself. You must research every incident that happens to you from now on and see what role you have played if takes place. I believe our strength and learning lessons in life comes from the bad or hard stuff that happens. If you left home at 15 because of your family then I daresay that they did not help to teach you how to handle certain situations. As far as people hating you once they get to know you, maybe your doing that on purpose... so that you don't get to close to people, sounds as though you couldn't trust your own family so... why should you let others in. As far as the accidents... I have son whom was very accident prone... to the point that I was investigated for child abuse... Thank god his doctor and my family and husbands family saw him in action many times.you could be more watchful and prevent some of the accidents... or you maybe too careful and are causing them that way... it is a fine line... you must relax. As far a psychics... I think you should tell the one who is telling you that you are cursed to take a hike, they just want you to depend on them out of fear so thaty they can take more money from you. I'm not dismissing all psychics, just the ones that use poor fragile people. Get you self a good counselor, or some type of group counseling. Good luck
    cissy0801 Posts: 129, Reputation: 6

May 26, 2007, 08:23 PM
    Let me tell you something. If you believe in curses then you are cursed. If you don't believe in them and follow your heart and tell yourself that I am not cursed and I will not let this stupid thing let me down and I will be strong and keep having a strong heart, you will never be cursed because no one REMEMBER, NO ONE can tell what is going to happen to you because it is YOUR life, YOUR own sake and no one has the right to judge things.

Life is a journey for you to find out and explore just like the movie CLICK.
    Sometimes it might seem hard and really bad for many years but someday it will be all right. I know this can be really weird but when I always feel bad and really stressed because of homework and stuff, I listen to hilary duff's song, someone's watching over me and encourage myself that I am all right and that I will be strong even if it all goes wrong, when I'm standing in the dark I'll still believe, someone's watching over me
    Illusion Posts: 195, Reputation: 33

Jun 3, 2007, 01:57 AM
    I agree with everyone - you are not cursed. The problem is that your life experience and the way you think is causing all these problems. It works like this, we are given the ability to make choices - good choices and bad choices - and that includes the way we think about ourselves. If I choose to think that all is bad, I'm poor, I'm sick, I am here to suffer - then the universe accepts that and brings that into reality.

However, if I say to myself that I am truth, success, goodness, that I find acceptance and friendship wherever I go - that I am successful in all that I do, then the universe will accept that and bring that into my experience; life will change for the better.

This is what you must know - the universe holds nothing against us, ever. The universe awaits are recognition of life - that it is good, true, powerful, complete. There is only one universe, one system of planets, one sun, one moon - one power, whole and perfect and complete. In this universe, we move, and live and have our being. It is all around us and within us. The greatest discovery ever made was that our thoughts are creative - and that we can use our thoughts to have a better life and to bring good things into our life. There is an invisible power in this universe that will honor our word and awaits our recognition.

Begin at once to recognize that there is a part of you that will never be hurt or damaged, no matter what happens. This part of you remains stable, whole and complete always. Regardless of what you have suffered and what has happened. From this place, you can begin to work on positive affirmations - you can call it prayer, recognition, realization - whatever you like so long as you practice everyday.

Remember, it is only a thought that is causing your troubles - and thoughts can be changed. And perhaps like most of us - who have learned from childhood on how to think negative and expect negative things - you must unlearn this habit. You can and you will if you practice. You can start with a simple affirmation such as "I now accept goodness and success in my life" and build from that. It may be the best thing you can do for yourself. Purchase a small book by Ernest Holmes called "This Thing called Life" (or any of his books), that will teach you how to think and believe better. The comfort and peace that you seek is at the very heart of your soul. Bless you.
    Maria60 Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

Jun 24, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Hi Jaymela

I believe you. I too have had "one of those lives" and I am of very sound mind and intellect. Anyway, something that you should know.

The Catholic Church actually does have a team of exorcist priests under control of the Pope (a position that is recognised and respected by most of the world - just look at all the heads of countries that attended Pope John Paul's funeral). The Chief exorcist of Rome is Fr. Gabriel Amorth and he has written on lots of subjects including a little book called "Collection of Deliverance Prayers". In this booklet he has put together prayers including one called "Prayer Against the "Evil-eye". The prayer is as follows:

O Lord our God, King of the ages, omnipotent and almighty, who create all things and who, by Your mere desire, transform all things; who changed into dew the seven-fold furnace and its fire in Babylon, and who kept safe your three holy children: physician and healer of our souls, haven of those who hope in you; remove, banish, and expel every diabolic energy, every satanic attack and every plot, every wicked curiosity and harm, and the evil-eye of mischievous and evil-minded people from your servant(s) (N); and if anything has happened because of beauty or because of bravery or because of good fortune or because of jealousy and envy, Yourself, O Master who love mankind, extend Your powerful hand and Your mighty and most high arm, and as You look upon everything, look upon this (these) your creature(s), and send him (her) (them) (a) peaceful and powerful Angel(s), guardian(s) of soul and body, who will reprove and expel from him (her) (them) every wicked intention, every witchcraft, and the evil-eye of ruinous and envious people, and the one(s) who supplicate(s) you, as he (she) (they) is (are) protected by you, will sing to you in thanksgiving: "The Lord be my helper, and I will not fear; what will any man do to me?" and again: "I will not fear bad things, because You are with me; because You, O God, are my strength, a mighty ruler, leader of peace, Father of the age to come." Yea, O Lord our God, spare your creature(s), and deliver your servant(s) from every harm and every influence caused by the evil-eye, and preserve him (her) (them) higher than every evil thing; through the prayers of our all-blessed, glorious Lady Theotokas and ever Virgin Mary, of the luminous Archangels, and of all the Saints. Amen.

If you would like to authenticate what I have said, just do an internet search on Fr. Gabriel Amorth and you can research it yourself. These things can happen to anyone, you do not have to be a catholic, but the catholic church do have experience with dealing with these things (not just in the films!)

I would say also, that you should not go to see fortune tellers or psychics as you do not know who they really are and where their power is coming from (good or bad). Do not let anyone lay hands on you unless you are sure that they are dealing only with good, otherwise you are letting in evil (and it sounds like you really don't need that!)

Anyway, all the best, I hope this helps, and please, verify everything on an internet search, its quite interesting.

Maria.
    jackashley5 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymela
    I have had the worse luck for as long as i can remember.(bad luck isnt even the word) Absolutely everyone in my family is messed up to the point where i had to disown all of them to ever have a normal life. So I left home when i was 15, ive always tried and tried and been a very strong person. But literally EVERYTHING go's wrong, almost every friend i ever had stole from me or did something otherwise horrible. Every boyfriend i have has cheated. I got hit by a car, then run over by the same car in the same day(and barely lived) I have broke every bone practically in my body in freak accidents that just dont happen to other people on a daily basis like they do with me. If you knew me your first impression would be that im very friendly and nice. But for some reason every new person i meet, gets really close at first then out of knowwhere hates me and wont go near me! Ive never held a job because they just let me go for no apparent reason! after like a week! Im always on time, and the least confrontational person you'd ever meet. Those that DO know me good , also really think theres a curse on me(even people that dont believe in this stuff at all, believe its true for me!) they honestly can't see what im doing to attract all this negativity towards me. Despite all the bad luck i really try to lead an honest good life, im always the first to help someone in crisis. Yet my life is always in a disaster state. Ive lived a lot of places and went to a few phycics that wernt associated with each other at all. And they ALL said i have a curse on me that gives me a bad aura. And makes people do bad things to me and makes other bad things happen. 2 phycics mentioned that they believe someone put the "evil eye" curse on me when i was a young teen ager. I dont know much about this. But i need to get rid of it! im only 25, and i need all the bad things to stop happening. Ive also went to counselors because of all the stuff that is always happening, and i asked for phycological evaluations from numerous shrinks, and I am completely mentally sound, so im not imagining it, i have bad luck, a curse or something! if someone has any information on how to get rid of this or knows how the "evil eye" got put on me and how to get rid of it...please help...any info on getting rid of a bad aura or a bad curse would really help!! thanks
    OK don't do anything bad back that's where people go wrong because what ever you give out you will get it back threefold just do white magic to remove it there spells out there to do that for you I'm a white warlock meaning witch I do white magic
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 02:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria60
    If you would like to authenticate what I have said, just do an internet search on Fr. Gabriel Amorth and you can research it yourself.
    I did and this is what I found:

"On curses he states that, "A curse can originate from such things as maledictions by close relatives, a habit of blaspheming, membership in the Freemasonry, spiritic or magic practices, and so on."[5]

He is somewhat noted for his outstanding opinions including, his claim of having performed over 50,000 exorcisms (which range from "a few minutes" to "several hours"[6]), that the senior officials of the Nazi Party were actively involved with Satanism and that both Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin were possessed.[7]. He attributes the number of exorcisms performed to his opinion that "People have lost the Faith, and superstition, magic, Satanism, or Ouija boards have taken its' place, which then open all the doors to the presence of demons."[8]

It was in an interview with the London Sunday Telegraph that Father Gabriele Amorth stressed that "People need to know what we do."[9] Father Amorth was also one of the voices that made public warnings to parents about J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter novels, noting that the books attempt to make a false distinction between black and white magic, when in fact, the distinction "does not exist, because magic is always a turn to the devil."
    A friend of mine at work is a mason. Perhaps I will exorcise him tomorrow. Oh and I blaspheme some times so I have probably put curses on many people! :rolleyes:
    Whats_Love_Gottodo_withit Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2007, 04:49 PM
    I do believe that people sometimes get cursed. But before you think that thought, maybe there`s a possibility that you think too many negative thoughts and by that you attract negativity. If you have issues that you haven`t dealt with, the negativity is still in you and you can get trapped in a vicious circle and keep choosing the wrong boyfriends, wrong friends, etc. Maybe this is a silly question, but are you very beautiful? Or by some other reason, a lot of people has been very jealous with you/hated you? You have got to protect yourself from that by visualisations, a reiki master told me that if many people are jealous with you, they send you negative energy and then negative things can happen to you. Protect yourself, be strong -be more of a b I t c h, and maybe you should go and see a e.g. Reiki Master for advice? They are usual serious, try to avoid people that call themselves psychic..

Good luck!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2007, 10:24 AM
    You have to set your goals and work toward them. Stay away from negative people that suck the life out of you. My parents were always negative and I can feel a 'curse' from it. I feel I have to struggle harder than most people. I had to move far away for a few years when I was in my 20's because my mother made me feel tied to her apron strings.
    Surround yourself with positive people and make goals so you work away from the 'curse' feeling.
    tiggerella Posts: 184, Reputation: 13

Dec 4, 2007, 05:26 AM
    To start with, while I agree with those who've already responded, I can also state that I've been in your shoes - thinking I was cursed! However, in the past couple of years (after asking the same question as you did in this same forum), I've begun to have REALLY good luck! Here's what helped:

One of the responders to my question about how to remove a curse suggested that I was the source of my own negative energy. (Look up info about Karma.) My son, who had introduced me to the Wiccan religion, also pointed out that in their beliefs, Wiccans believe that all energy you send out returns to you threefold. (Simply put, if you wish bad luck on someone, you get bad luck multiplied by three. If you wish good things for people, three times the good luck comes back.) But no matter what religion you look into, the beliefs are that you get rewarded for doing good things despite adversity. SO STEP ONE IS: YOU MUST FIRMLY TELL YOURSELF THAT YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON AND DO YOUR BEST TO DO GOOD EVERY DAY! (Trust me, it's harder than it sounds, as it means sometimes giving money to someone you suspect is going to use it to buy drugs instead of food, but you must trust that fate will change that person because of you.)

Another responder suggested prayer, so I picked up some cheap tea candles and used them to focus my energy to pray for good things to happen, not only for me, but for all those around me. At first, the good things only seemed to happen to those I prayed about, as when a friend with cancer went into remission and has remained cancer-free for 5 years, but then good things started happening for me as well. My daughter takes this one step further by writing what she is praying for on a piece of paper, then burnsthe paper when what she prays for comes to pass. SO STEP TWO: FOCUS YOUR GOOD ENERGY ON THOSE AROUND YOU.

And last but not least, don't let those with negative energy pull you down. My husband is a good example here, as he is the major source of negativity in my life. Oddly enough, he also seems to have been the source of 90% of what I thought of as my own bad luck. When I got my own negativity under control and good things started happening with me, Fate stepped in recently and gave him a good smack upside his head to make him realize that HE needs to stop being so negative. Long story short, he started drinking more and more when his sister died in a bad situation that he had no control over, and he recently got popped for drunk driving on a night when I was nowhere around. (The last time he got popped, he insisted that it was my fault he was behind the wheel, as we had been out together and I got ill. This time, he was forced to admit he has a problem - and the court ordered AA meetings are showing him that he really had no control over his sister's actions and WASN'T responsible for her death!) SO STEP THREE: GET RID OF EVERYONE WHO TELLS YOU THAT YOU'RE CURSED AND NEED THEM TO GET BETTER!

YOU are the master of what happens to you, and you need to get positive energy in your life!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

IF I put them out.where will they go? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a 26 year old son still at home and his 4 year old daughter. Got into trouble with the law, did some time, doing okay, keeping a job, attending home church, helping with daughter as much as he can. The deal was to stay until he can get on his feet. How long does it take for him to get on...

When to put down [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a 15 year old Pomeranian who isn't doing too well. He has a brain tumor and has seizures. Sometimes he can't even walk down the stairs.He has arthritis and the vet said he's in pain when we walks because his kneecaps have shifted I don't want to cause him to suffer. From that descriptions...

1957 Curse of the Demon [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the arcane text that Dr. John Holden (Dana Andrews) is trying to locate in 1957's Curse of the Demon"? TItle must be complete.

WHere to Put this? [ 2 Answers ]

I guess I have really been going through hard times. My family is not one of the wealthiest. My mom is a single parent making it hard on both my brother and me. Anything I want I have to work for. The only thing free is food and are crapy apartment. My mom comes home and yells at me for any reason...

View more questions Search