Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    susanva Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Maryland terms of probation
    In the state of Maryland, if the court does not order mandatory drug tests as a term of probation, can they still be administered at the probation officer's discretion? Or is there no chance of being drug tested if it is not court stipulated.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 03:54 PM
    Hello sus:

If the judge say's there going to be drug tests, there will be. If the judge doesn't say anything about drug tests, there still will be.

What?? You think you can get loaded while on probtion?? You may never be tested. Or, they may test you all the time. Do you feel lucky?

excon
    susanva Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2007, 08:58 AM
    Yes excon, by asking this question, I obviously mean that I would like to abuse drugs while on probation. Or maybe, just maybe, I actually wanted a legally based response instead of a sarcastic, rude, waste of my time. Maybe instead of browsing this site all day, you should take a class in rhetoric.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 11, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Hello again, sus:

Wow! I did answer your question - and it was based upon my experience having been on probation. I was just pointing out the odds. I wasn't rude, sarcastic yes, flippant yes, but not rude. I know rude when I see it. I don't care if you get loaded. I hope you do. I don't work for the cops.

By the way, before you suggest that someone ought to learn about rhetoric, maybe you should find out what it means first.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2007, 09:15 AM
    Excon was very correct, yes they can, if they tell you that drinking or doing illegal activities will violated your probation, then it will, and the probation department has many ways to discover this, and testing is one.

He properly answered your question

It is very possible that you will be tested, remember that how the probation people check on you is often left to them. The judge would have set the rules such as no drinking, not being around drinking, and of course any illegal drugs would violate probation anyway.. testing would just be a method of the probation people to check on this, if they have a reason to believe you are violating your terms and conditions.
    lukyluch Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2010, 11:46 PM
    That's the same sitautin I'm in I heard that they won't us you if it is a violent crime

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Probation requirements in Maryland [ 2 Answers ]

Are You Able To Leave The State While On Probation?

Probation terms and health issues [ 6 Answers ]

I've been on probation for about a year and a half now. I was arrested approximately two years ago for possession of psilocybin (Schedule 1 drug) for which I was charged with a Class A misdemeanor. I was a college student at the time and had never been in trouble, or even to the principles office...

Maryland taxws [ 1 Answers ]

What is the Maryland two -income subtration and how do I do this. Wouldn't it be just half since we both contributed to the adjustment income amount, refund on state taxes and depenendent care.

Confused about terms and conditions of probation [ 2 Answers ]

I get random drug tests for treatment in lieu of a conviction for prescription fraud. Yesterday I asked... could I have a drink of wine on occasion, if it there is no restriction of alcohol in my terms and conditions. I went for my random drug test and found out they test for ethanol... is that...

Maryland Violation of probation [ 2 Answers ]

OK in march of 2005 he was arrested for CDS: POSSESSION-MARIHUANA when he went to court in April of 2006 the judge gave him 1 year PBJ to be up in April of 2007. In May of 2006 he was arrested again for CDS MANUF/DISTRIBUTE then went to court for that in January 2007 where he received 3 years...

View more questions Search