Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kirkieb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2005, 07:12 AM
    90 Civic No Crank, No lights, No Radio, new Battery
    I have a 1990 Honda Civic that I parked for about two weeks now. The car was running without any problems before I parked it. Yesterday I try to start it up but I got absolutely no power - no radio, no interior lights, no head lights, no horn, no emergency flasher.
    I then proceeded to attempted a jump start... still no power at all. I went to auto zone and purchase a new battery.
    I installed the new battery and the only thing that's working are the emergency flashers.
    No head lights, No interior lights, no horn, no radio, no start.
    What could be possible wrong with this vehicle?
    I also check the fuse box and the fuses looked OK. :confused:
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Apr 17, 2005, 07:24 AM
    Obviously, the problem appeared in the two weeks waiting time...

Where was the car parked? Was someone able to mess with it somehow? Did it rain a lot? Did you just buy the car new, or you had it for a while? Are battery cables corroded? Are your ground connections corroded?
    kirkieb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2005, 08:07 PM
    I have this car for over 4 years now. It was parked in my drive way and I don't think anyone messed with it.
    I just parked the car because I bought a new car for my wife. The car was running great before I parked it... what could be possible wrong?

My battery cables are not corroded and my ground connections seem OK.
    It did rain within the two weeks span - quite hard at one point.
    However, the thing that puzzle me is I have no power at all... and yet my emergency flashers work. Which tell me that I'm connected.
    I'm going to pull out my volt meter and check for current in the fuse box.
    Can you give me a pointer or two on where to start looking and what could be the culprit.
    :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2005, 07:28 PM
    Sounds like a bad connection somewhere. Don't forget to check grounds, the battery to the body and engine. Also, does the power to the flashers bypass the troublesome main relay?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Honda Accord Radio Lights Go Off [ 5 Answers ]

For those who have had the same problem, the radio lights go out, what is the fix for this. The fuses are all OK. Thanks for your help.

Honda civic ex 96 battery [ 3 Answers ]

Can somebody tell me where can I get a good and cheap battery for my honda civic Thanks

94 civic battery will not come on [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 94 Honda Civic. The car will not start. I have realized that it is not getting any spark. I also noticed that the battey light on the dashboard will not light up with the key in the "ON" position. The check engine light is on as it should be. Also a fuse keeps blowing in an unlabeled...

'90 Civic Stops Then Doesn't Crank for 15 Minutes [ 3 Answers ]

My 1990 manual transmission Honda Civic Lx has recently developed a random problem. It starts fine (both cold and hot) but it randomly quits running while on the road i.e.. The motor just dies (not on every trip). When I go to start it the indicator lights come on but it won't crank or even...

91 civic battery question [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, my civic's battery dies all the time. They battery is bran new, and the proble is that when I am driving it, it won't re-charge. Any idea what is wrong with it and how much it will cost to get fixed. One thing is should add- this happened before and then I took it to auto zone and they...

View more questions Search