Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cburch71 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 11:22 AM
    Changing mother's last name on birth certificate
    Hi,

I'm 11 weeks pregnant, and the father and I are together, but not married. If we marry after the baby is born, can I have my last name changed on the baby's birth certificate? We live in TN.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Yes, it will need to be done though the court, but you can change it. Of course you can list the father on the birth certificate and give the baby his name now also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

My situation is that when I was 18 years old I was told by a person that was a family friend that the lady who raised me was not my mother. He said he did not know who was my mother but he knew she was not my mother because she told him she was not my mother but did not go into detail. She denied...

Birth certificate [ 5 Answers ]

As an adult is there any way to get your parents names off your birth certificate? Can that area of the birth certificate be blank?

Birth Certificate [ 4 Answers ]

My son has had his new born baby ever since she was 1 week old and now she is 6 months and he wants his name on her birth certificate how does he go about doing this with out child support?

Changing information on a birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Can I be added to my sons birth certificate as his father? He is my biological son< he is 13 months old.

Birth Certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I just received an updated copy of my husband's birth certificate, he will be retiring soon and needs to show proof of his birth date. On the certificate it shows his mother as being the lady who adopted him when he was in his 40's. (for legal purposes, estate and other) Is this done as a...

View more questions Search