Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trigger813 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2005, 03:34 AM
    Power cut off
    After working on my PC for a few hours all power drops off. Immediately after, I just un-plug my modem and plug it back in again, the power light comes on and just by unplugging and plugging in the power cable to the back of the tower, it starts again. I don't think it's over heating, could it be a virus. I've run Norton, Spybot and Ad-Aware, can't think what else to do. :mad:
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2005, 08:24 AM
    Power off
    Hi,
    Exactly what did you do when you say "working on my PC"?
    Sounds like there is a short, or something wasn't connected back very well, or properly seated.
    fredg
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 17, 2005, 12:12 PM
    Usually viruses and especially spyware, don't affect hardware that way, though its not impossible. The more likely explanation is a heat or humidity build up. Are you fans running?
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Apr 18, 2005, 01:09 PM
    I think there is a loose connection or your powerpply fan is not working properly just open your PC and tighten all the connections , start it again and see the speed of power supply fan as well as of cpu fan , blow the dust from inside by a blower ,if still the fans rotating slow change it with a new one
    Simple

Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power dvd 5 [ 6 Answers ]

Right, I need some help with an error I keep getting while trying 2 watch dvds. It says that my " tv out put port of my diplsay card is not working properly" and I don't know how to solve this problem.. can anyone help?

No power [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me! I was changing a light bulb on my kitchen ceiling light. The type that has (3) flood lights pointed in different directions. After I replaced the bulb, I went to adjust the direction of the lights and the lights flickered when I did this. I paid no attention to it and contiued...

No power! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I'm hoping for some help on a problem I'm having with my pc: it refuses to power on! Its not the power supply because I have swapped power supplies with my brother's PC and my old one works fine in his; his one doesn't work in mine. I thought it might be the power outlet, so I moved my...

View more questions Search