Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XxRoosterXx Posts: 44, Reputation: 9

May 10, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Beltronics RX65 Radar Detector
    I am having problems with a Beltronics RX65 radar detector not alerting me soon enough. I have tried different placements on the windshield and nothing seems to change it. Problem is I can see the cop car long before it goes off and then when it does its at full strength. Is the problem maybe window tinting? I drive a 2003 Buick Le Sabre with factory windows and tinting. The detector itself is only a few months old, but I suppose it could still be defective. Does anyone know if these things need calibrated? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

May 10, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Could it be that the officer is using a radar gun that is not activated until he sees you speeding toward him, points it at your car and presses the trigger. In such a case, all that your radar detector will do, is let you know that you are about to get a ticket, if you were in fact speeding.
    XxRoosterXx Posts: 44, Reputation: 9

May 10, 2007, 02:24 PM
    [QUOTE=Dr D]Could it be that the officer is using a radar gun that is not activated until he sees you speeding toward him, points it at your car and presses the trigger.

I have thought of this also but it is frequent and on different hwys in which I would guess different officers. And fortunately I was doing the speed limit every time so I wasn't worried about being pulled over. Although I suppose it could be a common tactic but then I would wonder if they are getting a long enough hit on me to correctly read the speed. My main problem is on two lane hwys and they are driving the opposite way. Thanks for your post Dr D.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

May 10, 2007, 04:27 PM
    One way to check out your radar detector and to determine if you are dealing with continuous or pulse radar would be to borrow a friend's detector for a couple of days; run both, and see if they if they both respond the same. I have used a Valentine detector for a number of years. The neat thing about that one is that it tells you where the radar is located; in front, to the sides, or in back; and also tells how many radar sources there are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motion detector installation? [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to install a motion detector in my house, but when I look at the siring diagram, I can' figure it out. The detector has three wires, 2 black and one green. I understand the green is the ground and one black is the hot and the other black is the neutral, but what I don't understand is...

The physics behind a smoke detector? [ 3 Answers ]

I am doing a physics "how things work" project on a smoke detector, and I need to get in contact with an "expert" on them, who knows how they work, and the physics behind them. If someone could help me out.

Why does the motion detector has a limited range 0.5 to 4.5m? [ 4 Answers ]

hi everyone~~ it's my first time here^^ I Need help for homework~~! :confused: I just did a lab which uses the Vernier Motion Detector to find the terminal velocity of a filter when it is released from the rest right below the detector to the ground, and here's the question: why does the...

Radar detectors (pop) [ 1 Answers ]

What does the radar detector do does it only tell you when a cop is flashing the light or just when it detects a cop signal it says that there is cop

Wiring a motion Detector into a 3 way system [ 8 Answers ]

I want to install a single motion detector in my garage to control the two lights.the lights are controlled by two 3 way switches one in the garage and one just inside the door inside the house.Can I install the single detector at one of the lights to control them both in this system?

View more questions Search