Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 11:32 AM
    Oh so another words you are like me. You have family, friends, co-workers that are there. And like me you have continuous interaction with those that are there... ok... just checking.
    RetiredNavy Posts: 63, Reputation: 8

May 11, 2007, 11:36 AM
    excon,

Sorry you did, when you select Rate this Comment. I did make a mistake and did not send the entire Rule for making a comment.

Positive comments should be given under the following circumstances:
    1) From the asker as a thank you
    2) From other members to ratify the factual correctness of an answer
    3) From other members to agree with the opinions expressed

With this, did you thank me for the comment, no. Did you ratify the factual correctness of an answer, no. Did you agree with the opinions expressed, no

So, who is the brilliant intellect in this situtation. Oh, I am sorry the known felon or ex-con.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuscany
    Oh so another words you are like me. You have family, friends, co-workers that are there. And like me you have continous interaction with those that are there...ok...just checking.

Except, unlike you. I deal with it and work in the environment.

Another, note: Italy is a beautiful country. I am looking forward to visiting there again.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 11, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredNavy
    Think before insulting an individual.
    Hypocrite much? Your very first comment on my post (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/politi...tml#post408385) was to demean me and a whole country instead of commenting about the content of the message.

May 11, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy
    Just for starters:

1. That he was chosen by God to be president.
    2. That his obligation to "protect the American people" is more important than his oath to "protect and defend the Constitution".
    3. That he is not obligated to obey laws he doesn't agree with.
    4. That scientific results that don't support his policy preferences and political goals should be disregarded and supressed.
    5. That he alone has the authority to declare any person to be an "unlawful enemy combatant" and to deprive that person of all legal avenues to challenge this designation or his indefinite imprisonment without charge.
    1) For those that are religious, many believe Fate and Destiny are the outcome of God's work. It is a known fact the Bush is a devote Christian, OK good for him.
    2) Where has he violated the Constitution. Even if he did, our Government works on checks and balances so the violation would not go far before proceedings began.
    3) Scientific result to what.
    4) Speaking of Constitutional Law, yes he does under the Constitution as Commander and Chief of the Military. Also read Title 10 and Title 50 that establish the law for the military.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Hypocrite much? Your very first comment on my post (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/politi...tml#post408385) was to demean me and a whole country instead of commenting about the content of the message.
    Not really, your comment "President Bush thinks he has a direct line to God" to me is a direct insult of my country. Maybe I should have pointed out that the Royal family has also believed the same.

Remember, I am a retired serviceman that has spent 20 years defending this country and willing to die for it. So, like many of us, you insult my country you insult me. I was just attempting to return the favor. In retrospect, very poorly.

Also, I did not know of the rule until ScottGem pointed them out. If you read post #44, you will find out that I owned up to my mistake. I have been a member for three day, excon since 2005. So, please explain how I am a hyprocrite.
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

May 11, 2007, 12:09 PM
    It seems like this thread has degenerated into a p***ing match between our illustrious members. Can't we follow the lead of Rodney King and "all just get along". I've almost forgotten the original topic of discussion. Remember, we should all behave like ladies and gentlemen.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 11, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Hello again, Navy:

You don't have your facts straight. Fortunately, I do.

Evidently, my presence here has offended your sensibilities. To show your disdain for me, you dug up an old thread of mine from last May in order to insult me. We had never spoken a word before that. This is what you said:

It is amazing that the only ones that attempt to that the steps the governemt have taken are legal are the poeple that have proven they cannot obide by the laws in the first place and/or those that have something to hide.
    You think, because I'm a felon, that you can insult me. I didn't see that in the rules. Now, you have the audacity to accuse me?? Did you think I wouldn't notice? You have no honor Sir, and no credibility. On a website like this, that's all you have.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 11, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Maybe I should have pointed out that the Royal family has also believed the same.
    The Royal Family has nothing to do with canadian government.

That jab at excon tells me how you operate. Buh-bye.

May 11, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Agreed. What is funny is that it is a p***ing contest for against those that will and have fought for their country and those that only talk about it. It is amazing the way people complain about our government when we are one of the few countries that we can do something about it. It is call voting and working with your representatives. The other alternative is to move to another is it is so unbearable here. We have illegals breaking the law to get here and those that are here just complain about our laws. Talk about a neverending story.

I am not the criminal, please tell me what you have done for this country beside break our laws.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 11, 2007, 12:22 PM
    If you where there than, I am so sorry that you where and I must apologize for my statement. I cannot even fathom the horror. Even, being all of the places that I have been and military conflicts that I have been in I have never been a part of a situtation like that, only present afterwards.
    There is no IF about it. I was there, I experienced it, I live with that experience. I have related that experience at various times where I felt it appropriate. This isn't the first time I have mentioned it here.

You are correct that you have know way to prove anything, the same as I do not when it comes to personal experiences or knowledge. Afterall, my words are just a bunch of trons transmitted around the world, like you. Opinions are just that opinions.
    That's not quite what I said. I said I have no way of proving it to you. But proof does exist. I have recorded my story with StoryCorps, a copy of which is in the Library of Congress and will be part of the Ground Zero museum. I have witnesses who were with me that day. I have floor plans of my company's offices that show my name and where my office was. I have business cards that give my address as 2 WTC. Yes the proof does exist.

May 11, 2007, 12:29 PM

Please educate me. According to Government of Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia the Canadian Government consist of the Executive Branch with the Queen, Senate and House of Commons. Thus the Royal Family is apart of your Government which has been known to believe they where appointed by God.

I do believe that I owned up to my mistake about commenting you. If you cannot take that, not sweat off my back. Like I said, you are just rons coming from Canada.

As far as excon, his bio should tell the whole story. Respect is earned and not given. His past indicates how much he respect our society by breaking our laws. By reading the bio, more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    There is no IF about it. I was there, I experienced it, I live with that experience. I have related that experience at various times where I felt it appropriate. This isn't the first time I have mentioned it here.

That's not quite what I said. I said I have no way of proving it to you. But proof does exist. I have recorded my story with StoryCorps, a copy of which is in the Library of Congress and will be part of the Ground Zero museum. I have witnesses who were with me that day. I have floor plans of my company's offices that show my name and where my office was. I have business cards that give my address as 2 WTC. Yes the proof does exist.

Honestly, anyone that is willing to explain to this detail without trying to attack me personally then the truth is there. I must apologize for my comment. I hope you understand that in these type of environments, some have a tendency to "exagerate".

I have never meet anyone at Ground Zero, only people at the Pentagon and have known a few that died there. It is my honor to meet you.

I still do not agree with you opinion, but I respect it. :)

May 11, 2007, 12:57 PM
    I have never meet anyone at Ground Zero, only people at the Pentagon and have known a few that died there. It is my honor to meet you.

I still do not agree with you opinion, but I respect it. :)
    Frankly, while I think it is an honor to meet me, not for that reason. I did nothing to distinguish myself by being a part of the tragedy, other than having survived it. Too many people contributed heroically, and many of them tragically, to the aftermath of the attack, for me to take any honor from my simply having been there.

I do not ask that you agree with me, but I thank you for respecting my right to my opinions.

May 11, 2007, 01:03 PM
    That is an Honor within itself. Surviving such a tragedy and then pulling yourself back into the game of life take courage and commitment. The Navy's Core Values is Honor, Courage and Commitment with is not just to the military but to onesself, their community and their friends and family. We have to many in our society that do not have those values. So when I find people with those values, I find it an honor to meet them.

I am sorry, I should have searched a little further. Please read Style of the Canadian Sovereign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 01:42 PM

As far as excon, his bio should tell the whole story. Respect is earned and not given. His past indicates how much he respect our society by breaking our laws. By reading the bio, more than once.
    RN, I am not going to comment about my opinion of GWB because it appears that this is an argument with no happy conclusion. I also do not want to hijack this thread by getting onto other topics. However, I must interject regarding excon. You stated you have only been here 3 days. Yes, I agree respect is earned. Due to excon's input on this web site he has earned the respect of all of us that have been here for a while. He gives his advice freely to people. He has helped many, many people who have gotten into trouble and are looking for someone to help them understand the laws. His advice is much more than very good advice. He also helps out in other forums as well. All of this is done, free of charge. We don't know what excon did in breaking the law, but his name tells us that he has served his time. It is not appropriate to condemn someone, all over again, when they have paid for their crimes. Please, do not personally attack him for this. It is cruel and has no bearing on this discussion. You may not agree with his politics, and that is your right. You have a right to your opinion. Politics and religion are rather subjective topics the majority of the time. But, please, do not get personal and continue to condemn him as you have been doing.

May 11, 2007, 02:04 PM
    And I guess all of the military that serve the U.S. has not earned there respect in society in this forum. Those that fight for you rights to post comments on this site should be freed from insults also. The original post that I stated was "Well, if you are not a terrorist or a criminal then what are you concerned about. Even if you where a criminal (US Citizen) then the wiretapping would not affect you becuase it only focused on terrorism and if something outside of that was discovered it would be dropped in our court system. "Which he took personal instead of statement concerning wiretapping. We all make choices in our lives that we must deal with and many times they come back and hunt us.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 02:25 PM
    Retired Navy -

I think you need to take a huge deep breath. I am glad to see that you have communicated respect to Scott, as I was more than upset at that exchange.

I completely realize you pretty much have entered "civilian" life and it is hugely different then when you were in uniform and you may not be used to folks voicing a difference of opinion than yours. Just some unsolicited advice... you are going to have to be more open to people voicing their beliefs and learning to have a conversation rather than find ways to beat them down.

Go and read some of my post as far as our military. They are my heart. I love and adore them and proudly say support them. President Bush is my President and I respect his position and I believe all should respect the position of President. He is my Commander in Chief. You will never find me voicing any negative comment about any of our Presidents. I respect the position, but my main concern is our troops.

Oh, I have supported the Navy as a civilian for 25 years and still going strong.

Not sure why I have this need to refer to you as "Sir". I guess I fear, I do not want to be disrespectful. However, please be mindful, using a name such as Retired Navy, like it or not, the words you post, not only reflect on you, but on our fine Navy as well.

I have this awful sense that you do not fully feel the support that is here for our troops in the civilian world. Trust me, it is more than there. Give yourself some time to acclumate yourself to the civlian world. I do understand what a difficult transition it is.

This is an incredible site with amazing and talented people. You truly will enjoy it. Relax a little. Believe you me, I fully understand your upset. When I hear negative about our President, my back gets up as well. Its instictive. To me I have a hard time making the disconnect from a degrogatroy statement about our Presdent, from a degrogtory statement about our Country and brave military.

Starting to feel like I am rambling. Hope what I am sharing is helpful.

By the way, I missed what you wrote about Excon. He's another fine individual. Hope you are able to see that for yourself and respect it as well.

May 11, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello gaze:

So, that excuses Georgie? No, it doesn't. Haven't you right wingers heard the phrase "two wrongs don't make a right"? Nope, no you haven't.

excon
    Hello:

DUM, DUM, DUM - another one bites the dust.

excon

Who has a tendency to insult, I found many more. I can say this for excon, he does give great advice on dealing with the Police.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 02:29 PM
    Oh LOL RN - sometimes that is just is wondeful gift of humor. He is amazing. Honest. (and good hearted).
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2007, 02:44 PM
    I am sorry I had to step away for a moment.

You are absolutely correct that those that fight for our rights should not be attacked for serving our country. I have been looking but I can't seem to find the posts in which someone attacked you for that. You will have to forgive me, but I am a bit tired and maybe I am missing something here. But, I would most definitely defend you too for being attacked in that manner.

I can't find the post you are quoting after my post. This is what I am finding in which the attacks actually first started. Please correct me if I am wrong and have missed the first personal insult thrown by Excon.

Well, if you are not a terrorist or a criminal then what are you concerned about. Even if you where a criminal (US Citizen) then the wiretapping would not affect you becuase it only focused on terrorism and if something outside of that was discovered it would be dropped in our court system. Also, how do you think they wiretape. It is a computer that only keys on specific words to known areas of interest. Only when it meets a specific criteria does a human listen. So call the adult 800 number will be ignored.
    Hello Retired:

The above presumes you believe him. I don't - not for a minute. I think they're gonna listen to anyone they damn well please.

You believe him, huh? You were in Iraq? So, how many WMD's did you find?

excon

PS> Not that it matters, but for your information I spilled a few quarts of my blood in the Vietnamese dirt.
    If you where in Vietnam, I would say I am glad you served your country. Your experenses says it all of the man you truely are. And CEO of a 500 company, please save me. If you bio is true, no company would ever allow you to get into management. Something about following rules, governance, respect, honest, and loyalty.

Well it is good to see that Conspiracism is live and well. Everyone is out to get you, the Federal Governement, the State Government, and the Local Government.
    This is where it appears that the personal attacks began. Then, it started really breaking down between the two of you, and you both became personal. I realize that you haven't been here long enough to realize that most people don't fill our their personal information completely and honestly. Some of us make jokes. Most people prefer to stay completely anonymous.

RN, I am sure that excon is haunted by his past mistakes. All I am saying is, there really isn't any reason to "rub salt in the wound." Argue about your position. You have as much right to your opinion as anyone else here. I agree that excon has attacked you personally during this thread. But, it appears that you hurled the first stone. So, it is best if we stay on track and focus on the initial post, and avoid insulting one another any further.

May 11, 2007, 03:05 PM
    The beginning is the wiretap opinion, you are correct. However, the first comment on wiretaping is just that not against excon. If you are not currently involved in criminal activitythe you will not be harmed by any alleged eaves dropping. I have found that those how have something to hide raise their voices the loadest against possible capture. So, if excon is not involved in criminal activities now, the comment was not directed at him but at current terrorist and CURRENT criminals.

It is time to drop this. It is appearant that excon has his presence established. I will avoid excon.

May 11, 2007, 03:17 PM
    The beginning is the wiretap opinion, you are correct. However, the first comment on wiretaping is just that not against excon. If you are not currently involved in criminal activitythe you will not be harmed by any alleged eaves dropping.
    I have to go back to this, because you seem to be missing the point. First, let me point out the taps are not "alleged" the govt has admitted them. Second, I agree with and have used the same argument when supporting legal checks on our privacies and freedoms.

But you go down a very slippery slope when you apply that argument towards ILLEGAL surveillance. The issue, to me, is not that the eavesdropping went on but that it was done with a disregard for the Constitution. The fact is there is a mechanism already in place for the govt to quickly, privately and legally obtain such taps. The Bush administration ignored that mechanism and eavesdropped on citizens in violation of the law! That people will not be going to jail for it is another crime.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dubya Bush's felonies. [ 8 Answers ]

Dubya has ordered the wire tapping of millions of innocent Americans. This is against the law. To get a wire tapp, law enforcement of any kind must first show a judge their probable cause or reason for said wire tap. Bush, whom bears the ultimate responsibility, and everyone under him involved,...

JFK's Idealogues [ 7 Answers ]

What did JFK believe when he was in office?

Iran is in Bush's sights [ 26 Answers ]

Hello: Is Bush going to attack Iran? Should he? I think he is. I'm not sure whether he should or not. I don't want them to have a bomb, but who am I? Their enemy's have 'em. Of course, they want one. If we attack them, they're going to strike us back - and they CAN. Iran is NOT Iraq. ...

View more questions Search