Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kisakitty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2005, 02:43 PM
    Skitish Kitty
    I have two cats one is a siamese mix and he is two years old. My other cat is a grey stray. He is about a year old. We found him under my friends pourch when he was real little. He had had one side of his wiskers cut short so he walked funny for a while but is fine now.

My proble is that as time goes by he gets more and more skitish. He hides all the time. And is scared of every noise and almost all things that move except our other cat. Now I don't know what to do. My Fience is getting tired of it cause its just a lot of problems. Is there anything I can do?

:confused:
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

Apr 17, 2005, 06:16 AM
    Hello,

For a skittish kitty, I would highly recommend Feliway Comfort Zone plug in. Feliway is made from a phermone which is naturally produced in a cat's facial glands. They use it to mark their territory and it makes them feel happy, calm, and less stressed.

Ask your local vet or see if a pet supply store near you has it. I use it myself and it works wonders.

Also, if your cats haven't been fixed, get them neutered as soon as possible. Unneutered males can be aggressive towards each other as they struggle to decide who's "top cat". Is it possible the siamese mix is beating up on the gray when you're not around?

Make sure there's no medical problem such as a urinary tract infection. Pain can cause a cat to hide. Take a urine sample to you local vet (or have them get one) so they can test it for blood and/or crystals.

To help avoid urinary tract infections or blockages, feed a high quality food such as Iams Hairball.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    kisakitty Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2005, 11:29 AM
    Thank you.. how much do those plug ins run at?

Both my cats are fixed. I got them fixed as early as possible. And My Siamese mix is more like the mom to the grey one.

Thanks.. I hope it works...
    koriani Posts: 132, Reputation: 8

Apr 17, 2005, 12:05 PM
    Feliway Comfort Zone plug-in's run about $36 dollars but it's the best investment I ever made!

Regards,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fat Kitty! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cat who is about 4 years old, and is very fat. She was a runt as a baby, and was always very tiny, but she started gaining weight about a year ago and now is literally the size of a basketball. She has the tiniest little head! Its like the size of a tennis ball. We recently got a new...

Crazy kitty! [ 2 Answers ]

A few months ago I fed 2 stray cats and of course... they have never went away. One cat is older and very pretty, he's very nice and will let you hold him and cuddle him. The other one is however not so nice and gentle. He's a kitten, maybe close to a year old. He will rub on people but won't...

My kitty has mites and now I do [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a himilayan kitten. When I got home I looked him over he was bold all on his tummy,back legs and a little bit of the front legs I also found out a few days later he has mites I am pretty sure they are ear mites because his ears are full of black so I started treting him with...

Trying to understand kitty [ 1 Answers ]

Undefined I have never owned a kitten before so I'm learning as I go. Why do they,with front paws,knead you? It is as if they are kneading dough but with a little claw added... never enough to hurt but enough to let you know they are there.undefined

Kitty Tapeworms [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have two cats. One is near 6 years old his name is jumbo (choco persian) and the second one is 9 weeks old his name is george. We got george from a guy my husband works with, he had said it was an indoor cat I think he fibbed. The kitty was infested with fleas. I picked nearly 70...

View more questions Search