Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mubashir1971 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2003, 06:13 AM
    Disconnection after 15 minutes
    Hay;
    From few days I have a disconnection problem I did'nt understand what is the problem in my system let me known the symptoms of a modem failur.

I have d815 mother board with 1.2 ghz intel processor
    And a 56k support modem please answere me.

heliotrope Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jun 20, 2003, 08:58 PM
    disconnection after 15 minutes
    Mubashir:

If I understand you correctly, are you being disconnected from the internet? Do you access the internet via dial-up (telephone line)?

If so, try this to see if it helps:
    • Open your web browser (such as Internet Explorer).
      Click on Tools > Internet Options...
      Click on the Connection tab.
      Click on the Settings...button under Dial-up.
      Click on the Advanced button under Dial-up settings.
      Un-check the box next to Disconnect if idle for....
      Click on the next 3 OK buttons.
      Close your browser window.
      Restart IE (Internet Explorer).

Late as this answer is (I've only recently joined), I hope it helps.

Rose
    scud Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2003, 04:19 AM
    disconnection after 15 minutes
    Hi Mubashir1971,

First of all did what heliotrope suggested help you at all? I hope so, but if not please tell us some more about the problem.

*Does this happen at any particular time i.e. when your checking your mail or not using the internet?
    *Does it happen at particular times of the day or randomly?
    *How do you connect to the internet i.e. do you use a shortcut or do you connect straight through a program like internet explorer or outlook express?
    *Is your modem an external or internal motherboard? (Can you see it?)
    *Have you tried anything to fix it i.e. rebooting the computer?
    *Is there any audible noise or static on your telephone line when you are talking?
    *What is the exact name of your modem? (Find this in your Device Manager)
    *Did you install any software reason or can you think of anything else you might have done before you noticed this problem started?

If you can answer as many of these questions as possible then you can help us help you better but in the mean time reading this webpage may offer some helpful things to try...

http://www.tpg.com.au/help_desk/dropouts.html

It is worth going through anything that evenly remotely applies to you because this document its full of excellent and helpful advice.

And if all that fails if your ISP (Internet Company) has any kind of a heart they will offer you a free helpdesk. Contact the helpdesk and I'm sure they will be happy to help you with your problem.

Hope that helps for now,
    SCUD :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writing minutes and agenda [ 1 Answers ]

I need to write minutes and an agenda for a meeting, don't even know where to start?

Network Disconnection [ 2 Answers ]

Today we experienced a Network disconnection soon after a thunder and lightening. We have switched off and on all the equipment that part of our network, i.e. modem, router, switch and server but still not help. What happened now is that our server is down and we do not have any idea what is the...

Gas Heater Turns and Off every two minutes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Our Gas Heater turns on and then after a short burst stops. I observed that the Gas flames start and stop every two minutes even though temperature that I set on thermostat has not been reached. Is this normal? Over the long run house heats up to the my require heat but I suspect this...

Washer stops after a few minutes [ 5 Answers ]

We just moved our Kenmoore washer for recarpeting and now the washer will not rinse. Before it worked without any problems. When we load it up and set it to wash, before it reaches to Rinse/Spin, it stops. It seems it can not drain the water for it to rinse. Please help :( Thanks!

Page cannot be displayed after 3 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

Win 98se , 256mb, sys rec @ 85% free, cable , router, IE 6.0 version 6.0.2800.1106 When online, after about 5 minutes my browser seems to die. Im still online, outlook will come up and send email successfully, and if I'm playing a game, I can play all night, as long as I don't close it...

View more questions Search