Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babydestinysmommy Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

May 9, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Father's Rights
    I fled the state of Florida due to a horrible break up between my daughter's father and myself. We were living together and the he was extremely emotional abusive and it had gotten physical before. One day I left and never went back. Now he is threatening me with the law and saying he is going to fight me in court for custody. How I am going to be arrested for taking her out of state. It has been a stressful ordeal. I was allowing him to see her while I was there but stopped right before I left because he said he was going to pick her up one day and never bring her back... I have looked and looked and am still confused about what I can or can't do in this situation to protect myself and my child. It's not that I want to deny him of any rights. It's just I had to get away. I need some advice please if anyone can help me. Am I violating any laws by being out of state...
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

May 9, 2007, 07:18 PM
    I would call a battered women's shelter or anti-domestic violence activist group, as they are usually up on the laws and can help you get in touch with people to help you. Some have attorneys on call, etc.
    MissAdvice Posts: 63, Reputation: 9
    -

May 9, 2007, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babydestinysmommy
    I fled the state of Florida due to a horrible break up between my daughter's father and myself. We were living together and the he was extremely emotional abusive and it had gotten physical before. One day I left and never went back. Now he is threatening me with the law and saying he is going to fight me in court for custody. How I am going to be arrested for taking her out of state. It has been a stressful ordeal. I was allowing him to see her while I was there but stopped right before I left because he said he was going to pick her up one day and never bring her back... I have looked and looked and am still confused about what I can or can't do in this situation to protect myself and my child. It's not that I want to deny him of any rights. It's just I had to get away. I need some advice please if anyone can help me. Am I violating any laws by being out of state...
    Well there is always the House Of Ruth for battered women, which may offer you some other solutions, I personally would contact a family law attorney, to ask them what you can do to avoid this. If you fear for your daughters safety, then maybe you need to get a exparte order against him, however you should call a stess line, talk to a social worker or something to get this on record. Please act now... some women never get the chance. I don't mean to be harsh, but it sounds like he is an abuser/stalker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terminating the father's rights [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently 24 weeks pregnant and the father has walked out on us and wants nothing to do with this pregnancy and is not willing to help in any way. I am having a complicated pregnancy and am unable to work probably for the duration of this pregnancy. He seems to think that once the baby comes...

Father's Rights/SC-MN/Adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I posted my question in the adoption section, but the responses created a few more questions. I am seeking the assistance of a lawyer, but would appreciate any input. I live in SC. My son's father has not been involved since conception. He moved to MN shortly after I found out I was pregnant. I...

Father's Rights [ 1 Answers ]

My best friend just had a baby, and now the father of the baby is taking her to court for custody (he is threatening to at least). My friend and the baby's father were never married, but he signed the birth certificate. My friend does not want to let him take the baby because he is an alcoholic,...

Father's Rights? [ 7 Answers ]

Does a father have any right if a woman wants to have an unplanned pregancy? Can she demand anything from him if he does not want to participate?

Father's rights [ 8 Answers ]

I have a five year old daughter. Her father was a registered sex offender (I did not know)and left for AK when she was born. I made it clear I wanted nothing to do with him. I have not seen or heard from him in over four years. He knew about his daughter but to my knolwledge has never tried to find...

View more questions Search