Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    italy_bird_man Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Designing and Coding Webpages.. .
    I was wondering, what do I need to know to create professional websites, other than HTML and JavaScript?
    darkness1970us Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

May 9, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Define professional.

I run my companies website with just HTML, Java, PERL, and Flash. More advanced sites require SHTML, XML, ASP, and PHP. What are you trying to design?
    italy_bird_man Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2007, 12:04 AM
    Well I would like to go to school for web design and stuff, because I love computers. . And I understand html and haven't really looked at learning any other stuff yet. . But I was wanting to get a head start on things so that when I start my classes this fall I will understand the material better. If I understand html, will I most likely be able to understand other codes as well?
    darkness1970us Posts: 70, Reputation: 9

May 14, 2007, 08:33 AM
    HTML, SHTML, and ASP are all pretty similar. XML is like HTML, but is just for transferring variables, so here is a lot less coding to it.

PERL is really close to C. Java is not quite as close, but similar.

Flash is almost like Visual Basic, but a lot easier. I don't really have any experience with PHP, but I understand that it follows a lot of the same rules as PERL and HTML (Don't quote me on that, I've never used the language)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Color coding on line does not match jack color coding [ 11 Answers ]

The line going into the old phone jack has orange, green, blue and 3 white wires in it. Bought a new jack at Radio Shack and the colors of the wires in the replacement jack are red, green, black and yellow. Verizon repair was at best, snotty in telling me "we cannot tell you how to do repairs...

Software coding [ 2 Answers ]

Is software Fixed Asset or not?

Color Coding [ 1 Answers ]

If Blue,red,black And Green Color Is Used While Writing ,what Signifies Blue,what Signifies Red,what Signifies Black And What Signifies Green?

Fonts for Webpages [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I am trying to compare different fonts on a web page. The web page is currently being built), however I am unable to see the style of font it is. Eg ariel or Verdana. (I'm not artistic at all and I have no idea) Is there a way to tell what the type of font is. I tired coping it into word...

View more questions Search