Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Friend22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 01:13 PM
    This guy is coming on WAY too strong.
    I've recently started dating this guy. He is wonderful... smart, successful, fun, energetic, etc. etc. I initially was smitten and it was obvious he is too. Well, we have some issues... he is married (separated 6 months and in the process of divorcing), we work together (he is my customer), and I am not comfortable with the possible outcomes that may occur as a result of other co-workers finding out about this. The attraction and chemistry is there... no doubt about it. I suggested we wait and build a friendship at least until his divorce is final. He said he would but he is making actions that are definitely more than a friend and really need to slow down. I'm flattered and hope this works out but he is not respecting my limitations. The fact that he is a customer leaves me in a very delicate situation as I need to preserve my position as someone he can feel comfortable chosing to work with.
    This could work out to be something wonderful or it could really jeopardize a lot in my life. How can I be politically correct in setting limitations with him and getting him to cool his jets a bit?
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

May 9, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Honestly, I would print out what you wrote, and give it to him. Then discuss it.
    Being honest, yet tactful, is a good way of settling delimmas, as long as the person you speak to is rational
    InTheArmsOfGod Posts: 49, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2007, 01:52 PM
    You've got to tell him what you think. Simple as that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Psychological conflict: strong fear & strong love toward the same girl [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been experiencing some kind of psychological conflict for more than 1 year. Whenever he increases his love to me, his fear of losing me to another man increases. Last year, his psychological conflict made him misunderstand me a lot. For example, when he saw a tiny sign related...

Don't know if I'm strong enough to get through this [ 6 Answers ]

Ok so here's the story (apologies for the length) Back in September my best mate gave me this guys number, so I decided there was no harm in txting him, just to chat and get to know him. Well he seemed nice and we text for about 2 weeks then we met up for a drink - he was even nicer then. He...

Strong willed boy [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I have 2 kids. 6 girl and my 4 yr ols boy! My daughter is pretty good. My son on the other hand is a handfull. Here is a brief story to help you know about us. I am now divorsed have been for 3 yrs. The kids go with there dad everyother weekend. We both are in other relationships and have...

Coming on too strong, what can I do? [ 3 Answers ]

I am talking to this girl who I really like and want to have a relationship with. My problem is that I always seem to come on too strong, I know I do this I just don't know how to stop it, I try but it never seems to work. I either come on too strong or not strong enough. I've had girls stop...

Came on too strong and now I've lost him [ 41 Answers ]

Hi everyone This is my first time on anything like this so I hope you will bear with me as I really need some advice... I met a guy on a dating site and started chatting to him. We were on line the 1st night for 9 hours and then the following nights for hours... We eventually met and clicked...

View more questions Search