Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    omgrusty5 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 12:36 PM
    Scheduled for Arbitration
    I received a notice that my case ( being sued by Capitol One) is scheduled for arbitration. I am not sure what I should do now. I was reading that arbitration is not such a good thing and that it would be better for litigation before a judge. Can I appeal the arbitration hearing and request to have my case in litigation?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Make them prove their claim against you, ask for the original contract you signed, nothing less, no contract, no claim. In my opinion arbitration is a rip off.
    omgrusty5 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 01:01 PM
    I sent them and the courts my intend to defend notice and also included a request for Validation of Debt and Production of Documents supporting their claims. That was last week. In the meantime I received this document that my case is scheduled for arbitration. Is the arbitration hearing going to be me, the credit card company and some sort of litigator? Should I just go to the litigation hearing and tell them I want proof of their claims? Do you think I should object or appeal the arbitration hearing and request litigation?
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Always demand proof of the claim, if they have not provide you with the documents you requested, don't not admit to anything until they do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arbitration: How do they determine a 'value'? [ 2 Answers ]

How is a settlement determined in Arbitration? What method is used to place a value on the how much a 'suit' is worth?

Award of Arbitration [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me what this means? I have researched it online, but it doesn't make sense to me!

Arbitration [ 1 Answers ]

I just received a notice about an arbitration hearing for a credit card account with Chase Bank through Mann Bracken. This is the only piece of information I have received from this company. I never received ANYTHING else from them. I sent in my response asking for validation of the debt. What...

Arbitration [ 1 Answers ]

I was served with papers from a county sheriff by a debt collector concerning a settlement through arbitration. I have 30 days to respond to the county sheriff. Anyone have any advice on what I should say in my response. I have quite a large debt to MBNA & no extra money to pay it. Thanks, ...

Arbitration or litigation [ 4 Answers ]

I hope you can give a little advise. I have fallen behind on my credit cards and now am being threatened with binding arbitration. I was told that I should dispute the arbitration as a violation of my rights and go to litigation so I can be heard in a court of law. To me this sounds risky to jump...

View more questions Search