Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shelley7180 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

May 9, 2007, 11:40 AM
    Anniversary gift ideas
    This weekend is my 1st anniversary. Yeah, I know it's paper or a clock, that's not the problem. My husband and I originally agreed that we were just going to take each other on a "date". Well, he decides to tell me last night that he bought me something after we decided not to get gifts. Now I feel that I should buy him something, but I have no clue what to get. (I don't want to be the A.H. that didn't get him a gift for our first anniversary!) I've been all over the net looking for something, and nothing stands out. He's not the sappy type, so the poem idea is out. I'm looking for something romantic but unique. Any ideas?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Since "paper" is the theme. Make him a coupon book of sexy, romantic things you will do for him.

Low cost, goes with the theme and lots of fun!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 9, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shelley7180
    This weekend is my 1st anniversary. Yeah, I know it's paper or a clock, that's not the problem. My husband and I originally agreed that we were just going to take each other on a "date". Well, he decides to tell me last night that he bought me something after we decided not to get gifts. Now I feel that I should buy him something, but I have no clue what to get. (I don't want to be the A.H. that didn't get him a gift for our first anniversary!) I've been all over the net looking for something, and nothing stands out. He's not the sappy type, so the poem idea is out. I'm looking for something romantic but unique. Any ideas?
    Maybe I'm old fashioned, or maybe my wife has me "properly trained," but in our house the husband buys the wife an anniversary present, but not the other way 'round. Same was true for both our parents. There are other ways that the wife shows her appreciation... ;)
    gypsy456 Posts: 319, Reputation: 48

May 11, 2007, 04:33 PM
    It has nothing to do with old fashioned... it's just the way your relationship works.

In my marriage we both buy presents for each other...
    Just on ordinary days...
    Nothing because it is XMas or an anniversary... but because we see something for the other or want to surprise each other... this can be a CD or a book or a favourite chocolate bar or a beautiful card...

As for the anniversary present for you husband...
    Hmm... it's only your 1 year anniversary... A nice bottle of wine that will only there's always the lingerie shop and I am sure that he would appreciate that !
    Marily Posts: 457, Reputation: 51

May 14, 2007, 10:56 AM
    If I were you I would have give him something that he will cherish everyday. Since you are his wife maybe you could figure out what that certain something would be.
    1000ash Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2007, 04:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shelley7180
    Hey! Shelley,
    You could make a photo album with all your sweet n loving memories... this album should be hand made... this will make it very special! Trust me... if u are creative u can make a very cute album for him... just take some handmade paper n go ahead with it...
    robinad Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Feb 4, 2011, 01:40 AM
    I would begin by looking online for anniversary gifts. I would make a list of all the things that he has mentioned over the past year and just start perusing the interwebs. Most people only really go by the tradition gifts on the big one, Silver at 25 and gold at 50. Personally, finding a gift for my husband, around our anniversary proves to be most stressful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

$ Wedding Gift $ [ 16 Answers ]

My sister is getting married very soon. She and her fiancé have suggested that guests give a gift in the form of a donation of money towards their honeymoon, as they have already been living together for some years and are all set up. (They made this suggestion on the invitations in a most polite...

My 1 year anniversary is coming up! [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend will be going 1 year next month and I reaaly don't know what to get him. I love him to bits and I want to get him something romantic but not to over the top... what should I do?:)

Gift Ideas? [ 2 Answers ]

What is a good gift for a goth girl? :confused: P.S Im meeting her tonight I need a surprise gift for her then I can talk to her 2 know more about her

3 year anniversary [ 11 Answers ]

Hey there! In November, my fiance' and I will have been together for 3 years. I would like to do something nice for him, take him somewhere or something to show how much I appreciate him moving across the state for me away from his hometown. And, well, just putting up with me in general. Anyone...

50th anniversary [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with ideas for a funny saying or something different or cute for the tee shirts and caps I am making up for 20 people. Thank you if you can think of something.

View more questions Search