Ask
    tugman_1 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 08:01 AM
    How old were you?
    ;) how old wre you when you started to drink? :p :cool: :D
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 08:04 AM
    18 the legal age here in the uk. I also stopped drinking at 21 after my father died from alcahol abuse.

May 9, 2007, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybenswife
    18 the legal age here in the uk. i also stoped drinking at 21 after my father died from alcahol abuse.

I started drinking when I was 17 but I don't drink that much anymore... (the drinking age here in TN is 21 I think that is too long to wait)
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Nothing wrong with drinking same as anything else really as long as its in moderation.
    iAMfromHuntersBar Posts: 943, Reputation: 146

May 9, 2007, 08:10 AM
    15, that's when I started getting proper drunk (on about £5!) and going out nightclubbing!

It's not big, and it's not clever and I certainly wouldn't condone such actions!
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 08:15 AM
    Aren't the things that we do as teens to make us look cool at the time really stupid I have to say there are quite a few things I look back and think flipping heck girl what were you thinking.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 9, 2007, 08:19 AM
    Of course I grew up in a home based on German culture, kids were allowed to drink at home ( beer and wine) so I was drinking my entire time at home, ( with meals and special occassions)

Of course by the time I hit near 30, I was in trouble with drinking and lost jobs, wife and family and refused to admit my trouble.

So no 21 is not too long to wait, the best time to wait is never

If you read most of the relationship or legal posts here, a large group of them start with the words, well we were just out drinking, or we were at a bar.

May 9, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Of course I grew up in a home based on German culture, kids were allowed to drink at home ( beer and wine) so I was drinking my entire time at home, ( with meals and special occassions)

Of course by the time I hit near 30, I was in trouble with drinking and lost jobs, wife and family and refused to admit my trouble.

So no 21 is not too long to wait, the best time to wait is never

If you read most of the relationship or legal posts here, a large group of them start with the words, well we were just out drinking, or we were at a bar.

Well I think it is too long to wait but that is just me
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

May 9, 2007, 08:28 AM
    I read somewhere that the brain and all it's synaps (sp) were still forming until most people are into their early twenties. I don't remember where I saw that... it was a long time ago (the five_oh this year). So based upon that alone, 21 isn't too early. Then again, we're all capable of different levels of tolerance.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 9, 2007, 08:38 AM
    Hello tug:

I'm 63 and I ain't started yet. Yeah, I'll have a Negra Modello with my carne asada now and then - but that ain't drinking...

However, tugeroo, I do enjoy my herb.

excon
    krystal1973 Posts: 100, Reputation: 22

May 9, 2007, 08:40 AM
    I started when I was 13, unfortunately, I quit when I was 21, fortunately.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 09:11 AM
    My mom and Dad allowed my sister and I to try beer and wine when we were 13. I tried it, hated it. Did not drink again until I was 20. I still don't drink beer (can't get past the smell), but I love wine. But everything in moderation...
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 09:15 AM
    I was 15 when I had my first beer; I went a little crazy for a bit but I finally put my head on straight around the age of 19. I now am mature enough to realize that you do not need beer to have fun! YAY, now I have the time of my life without making a fool of myself!:p
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Hi Tug. My father was a francophile. He loved the idea that the French gave wine to their children. He used to give us a glass of wine when there was a special dinner occasion, like Thanksgiving. So, I do remember when I was 12, he gave me a glass of wine. I remember feeling very woozy from it. But, I didn't have an "unsupervised" drink until I was 16. New Year's Eve. Mixed Champagne with something heavy like Brandy. Can't remember. Got sooo sick. Completely hung over the next day. Got into A LOT of trouble for it. Cured me of drinking anything before I turned 18, when it became legal. I did try hard liquor but didn't like it much.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2007, 10:05 AM
    I am not a hard liquor fan either.
    But I do enjoy my vodka tonics with a twist of lime on those hot summer days :)
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

May 10, 2007, 10:46 AM
    My first drink wαs αt 15-16? But I'm not α drinker:)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 10, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tugman_1
    well i think it is too long to wait but that is just me
    Hun, you think it is too long, well, since you are in my home state of Tennessee, I would like to invite you to the ER next time I work a weekend. It would definitely be an eyeopener.
    -

May 10, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Eww once I did this αpprenticeship progrαm -- I wαs interested in being α nurse αnd I did rounds with α doctor [he wαsn't yet α resident αt the hosp.] αnd he worked αt the ER-- eck I sαw αll kinds of nαsty-- esp. on weekend nights!
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

May 10, 2007, 10:57 AM
    My first drink was when I was about 13. Peer pressure.
    Stupidest thing I've ever done.

I still drink now.
    But on occasions and such.
    Drinking isn't my type of thing.

:)
    -

May 10, 2007, 10:58 AM
    Moi αussi<3

*trαnslαtion:me too

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question