Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billgale Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Goodman Furnace w/AC
    I am replacing my 28 year old furnace with a Goodman furnace and an AC unit. Never had central air before. I have read conflicting reports on the quality of the Goodman line and wondering if I am making the right purchase. I am getting a 95% efficient, 90,000 BTU, 2 stage heating with a variable speed ciculating blower, 4 ton I think, [model GMV95]The ac will be a 13 seer, 3 ton [model GCS13036]. My square footage is 2000, and I live in the Buffalo, NY area. I never put a dime into my old furnace except for filters. It is a gas hog though. My question is this; should I steer clear of the Goodman and if I should get it, does it sound like it is suitable for my square footage? Thanks for any help.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 9, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Equiptment is all about the same. Your equiptment will only be as good as the installation. The company that is selling and installing the equiptment should have done a manual J to be sure it is the correct size for your house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I've purchased a home where the furnace was to be replaced NEW with a Goodman Furnace. We've been given the model # GMPE 100 S4A from the seller. Anyone know if this is an actual Goodman Model - the colour is beige, not black.

How old is my Goodman furnace and how efficient is it? Model GUEQ80-4REVS Serial #910482720

Goodman furnace GMNT080-4 furnace runs good for a while then has to be manually reset [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Goodman GMNT080-4 (90%). I'm having the same problem As Streatherg did back in the Nov 2006 question. I reviewed his article and tried Every thing on there but seems to be doing the same thing. The furnace kicks on for about an hour then locks out and has to be manually reset threw...

What does A three blink code on a Goodman 80 plus gas furnace mean

Goodman furnace [ 17 Answers ]

I have a goodman furnace. Forced air. No a/c. I turn the power on and she starts. Thermostat is off. No wires are crossed that are visible. The pilot does not ignite but the heating element is on. No gas seems to be coming through. Any suggestions? The furnace is only a year and a half old.

View more questions Search