Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    i_need_help Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2003, 09:58 PM
    Please insert disk into drive A
    I took my computer apart and put it back together since I installed a cd burner. However I'm having issues with my floppy. At first the light was staying on because I had the cable reversed. I changed the cable and made sure pin1 was aligned with the red stripe. Win2k sees the floppy drive but it will not read any disks and just prompts with the above message. It was working before I took my comp apart. The device manager says it is working properly and the driver is fine.

ANY THOUGHTS? Thanks for the help
    reza Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2003, 03:42 AM
    Re: Please insert disk into drive A
    When w2k tries to read your floppy does its led light up?
    Do you hear the sound of drive? If not check the back of the floppy drive for bent pins.

On the floppy cable, usually you see 4 or 5 of the wires that are twisted and their position changes. Make sure that, this side of the cable must be connected to floppy drive.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 3, 2004, 08:10 PM
    Please insert disk into drive A
    Can you boot from the floppy?
    HelpDesk Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 24, 2005, 05:43 PM
    Hi all,
    Don't know if you all need this anymore, but just ran across a user who had
    This same issue with Win2k. I had tech check the BIOS to make sure the floppy was enable, and it was. I finally went on Microsoft's website where I found that with Win2k you need to download a service pak to resolve the issue.

Here is the link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;301077

Good Luck!

HelpDesk :cool:
    phr0ze Posts: 106, Reputation: 3

Mar 25, 2005, 10:48 PM
    Woah, After 14 months I hope he has solved the problem. Be careful when replying to old messages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Please insert disk into drive A [ 7 Answers ]

I took my computer apart and put it back together since I installed a cd burner. However I'm having issues with my floppy. At first the light was staying on because I had the cable reversed. I changed the cable and made sure pin1 was aligned with the red stripe. Win2k sees the floppy drive but...

Disk Drive [ 3 Answers ]

I can't get CD drive to read any CDs. Get command "Please insert disk into drive D:." even though a disk is present. I have disabled the DVD/CDROM drives in the device manager and rebooted, but that didn't help. I show two drives present, a LITEON CD-ROM LTN382, and a SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B. ...

Floppy drive does not see disk [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sony VAio pcv-rs720g running windows XP home ed. When I put a disk in the floppy drive it tells me that there is no disk in the drive and to insert one. I've tried a dozen disks. Also I went to device manager and deleted the floppy controller and reinstalled it, no help. I reset the AMI...

Please insert a disk into Drive D [ 4 Answers ]

My DVD+-R/RW drives do not recognize any Disks. I have tried these drives in anoher computer and They work fine. I keep getting the "Please insert a disk into drive D:," error when I use them in this Computer. I have already tried using differnet disks. Last time I remember burning a DVD...

Disk Drive Problem... Help please... [ 3 Answers ]

Correct me if I'm wrong... I know when LED on disk drive is lit its reading the disk, but in my case when ever I try to use it, it never off the light unless I turn off my PC or never use my disk drive, oh I mean it for floppy disk drive... I'm afriad to take out the inserted disk cause it may be...

View more questions Search