Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

May 8, 2007, 03:40 PM
    I'm Back and I could use some Insight
    Well if you don't know my situation.. it is basically like every other post on here in terms of a breakup. Back in late October my ex girlfriend asked for a break and I followed a few days later with a break-up seeing a break as nothing that would solve anything.

I cut off all contact but did call on her birthday and she did mine. Anyway, I have not called her since about late January. Occasionally she will call me not regularly but once in a blue moon.

So she called me last week at night randomly and I was busy so I called back a few hours later. So she wanted to tell me about how she is going to a baseball game the next day and the week after and what not and then we just talked and catched up.

Then she goes so you got a girlfriend now(first time I was asked). I said nope not right now. Then I said so you still dating that boy and she said ehh(like she was not happy and he was nothing special). And then I said what the f does that mean where she said I made it more than it was I think, I had a crush on him in high school and blah blah blah. She wanted to tell her what to do, so I said I am not your counselor or you shoulder to cry on, you have your close friends for that(I know blunt but honest). She then was saying how he broke his phone and won't buy a new phone, such great qualities. I told her well I don't care nor need to here that, I wanted to keep this light and catch up and not here about this stuff.

Somehow it led into something where I said I missed her but don't misinterpret that for more than it is because I am happy being single and that won't change. I then said what do you feel and she said she can't talk because she will just cry and what not. I did tell her that she was quick to jump in our relationship without work but would rather stay in this garbage for a while just because.

So the main point is what to do now. I am attracted to other girls, she became very unattractive to me in terms of why she would bring up her boyfriend in a bad light but then say she is going to the tigers game with him tomorrow. She obviously wants me around cause she sees this going sour. I miss her but DO NOT want to get back together with her. I like other women and she is too immature for anything. She will be where I am next month and I think a face to face wouldn't hurt since we haven't seen each other since the breakup but I am debating between cutting her off completely because she still loves me but wants to pretend like we are buddy buddy as well. She was like I need new friends all of them have boyfriends and I am depressed and her mom misses me. But I am happy and very happy, life is good. So just not sure where to go(I know but something is stopping me from completely doing it)
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 04:37 PM
    Stay clear. She is trying the "Wonder if I could get him back if I wanted to." game. You go back with her and it will last about two maybe three weeks and she'll be off again. No contact - the only way to go! I always say, never go back - never! Onwards and upwards - the only way to go if you want to get any place.
    sypher373 Posts: 360, Reputation: 38

May 8, 2007, 10:04 PM
    I agree with bluerose,

If your back here, obviously the conversation you had with her got your head spinning again... never a good thing.

I think you would have been fine, if the conversation had stayed light and innocent (as you intended it to be), problem is... it didn't. At this point there's not much you can do about what she said and how she acted other than let it go. There is no reason to obsess about it, as that will just drive you insane.

I would suggest doing everything in your power not to over analyze any of what was said, take everything for exactly what it was. You said yourself, you don't want to be back with her. Sure you still miss her, but remember how you felt when she left you. Im not saying this to upset you, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to have that happen again.

It sounds as though you've been on a good path, keep to it. Just remember, if there is any contact in the future, be damn careful that it stays innocent -- at the first sign of it going south, bail :)
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2007, 10:07 PM
    Why did you call her back?

What reason was there to talk to her? If she is playing games then your contributing. There was no need for contact and it appears that the whole conversation was meaningless and immature.

I would forget about calls like that in the future!
    AW805 Posts: 283, Reputation: 43

May 8, 2007, 10:18 PM
    If you're happy with where you are at then there's no question where you need to stay. I don't really see the value of remaining friends with her. Cut her off 100% and move forward with your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A little insight on no contact [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all, Im hoping that this post might help some of those who are in a similar situation to mine, or have had some of the same thoughts. Any corrections/suggestions would be appreciated as well.. I have noticed that a lot of people seem confused/scared to begin the no contact part of a...

Need some insight here [ 6 Answers ]

Guys, I need some insight here.. Well, it's been now nearly two months since my ex broke up with me... it's been hurtful.. but I have been there before and the help I got from various sources, especially this website truly did help. At this stage.. I got over the grieving I do believe......

In need of insight [ 1 Answers ]

We have had a string of bad luck. Can you tell me if it is coming to a end soon. Any information would dbe helpful. So what does the future hold for us? Thank you for your time. Carolyn

Help Need Insight [ 2 Answers ]

Happy New Year you wonderful people out there. Blessings and Light to everyone. Please could some of you focus some of that light my way and let me know what 2005 will bring for me in leiu of happiness and finances. Peace and light Reni

View more questions Search