Ask
    keri2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 10:22 AM
    What's wrong with me?
    Ok, here's the short version.

Got off the pill on 3/3/07.

My last period was 2/26/07.

I've missed 2 periods.

I went to the doctor, he ordered a blood test. It was negative.

My breasts are sore, I'm peeing a lot.

And just last night, I was checking my cervix, which always has been firm and now it's slightly puffy and soft.

Anyone here ever been pregnant but no test (blood or urine) would confirm it?

I have a doctor's appointment on the 17th but I can't wait that long for answers.
    boosie1212 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 11:04 AM
    OK remain calm... mostlikeky your going through side effects because your body was dependent on the pill too much, either that or... ur pregnant...
    sookyduck Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 11:07 AM
    It sounds like your body is readjusting to producing its own regular hormones against, some of which the pill can stop completley. This is possibly why your body is showing signs of pregnancy but as yet are not testing positive for the pregnancy hormone. Hope this helps x
    keri2007 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 01:01 PM
    That does make some sense. Since posting this I have done some research on the internet and I found another site where a woman said that she thought she was pregnant, she took mulitple hpt's and even had 2 blood tests like 2 weeks apart and nothing came up positive. But then when the doctor did an ultrasound it showed that she was 8 weeks pregnant. I guess I'll just keep waiting until I have to go to the doctor.

I'm just worried about my cervix. It is soft but only one side is soft so it make it so the os is on the side, not the middle. Any ideas?
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

May 8, 2007, 01:16 PM
    The sore boobs and cervix changes can also signify an impending period.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

May 8, 2007, 01:36 PM
    I would guess it is just your body adjusting to coming off the pill. For the vast majority of women, blood tests are very reliable. The pill can do odd things to your body when you take it, and even odder things when you stop taking it. Don't worry too much. If you are pregnant, you will know sure enough soon enough.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 8, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by keri2007
    I can't wait that long for answers.
    Unfortunately you are now playing the waiting game. We have all played it a time or two in our lives. There is nothing we can tell you that would confirm or deny pregnancy, only your doctor can do this.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though.
    sookyduck Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Your body changes in all sorts of ways throughout your monthly cycle, I think you have just become extra aware of this as you are now (and I hope I am right in assuming) wanting to becoming pregnant, noticing all the minute details of the changes our bodies make as females make throughout the month... astounding eh!. xxxxxxxxxxx anymore questions please feel free to ask, I can assure you tat I am an expert in this field, many thanks... Emma x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What am I doing wrong? [ 8 Answers ]

:( I am a frustrated single mom with a 12 y/o boy. His father has always been there for us, even though we seperated when our child was four. I was fifteen when I had him and still have never married. His father recently is in the process of getting divorced from his wife and has moved to...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

What's wrong with me? [ 2 Answers ]

I' haven't been later on my period for 2month and I took 3 pergnancies test but it cames out negative. What wrong with me?

Am I doing something wrong? [ 7 Answers ]

Okay so recently I have had 2 guys mess me around, they say they like me and then like just don't speak to me. I don't think I'm an ugly girl, I mean I'm probably averagish when it comes to looks and they know I'm not easy, I've been in one relationship which latest nearly 2 years and I still...

What's wrong now [ 1 Answers ]

I have a centurion wall clock it works but after a few hours the pendelum will stop moving and the time will stop what causes this to do this?

View more questions Search