Ask
    Dchdman Posts: 226, Reputation: 17

May 8, 2007, 09:48 AM
    Trojan Horse Viruses
    Hello This is My First post so here goes

These are the viruses that keep coming up on my computer

Trojan Horse Collector.11.B

Trojan Horse Generic4.Es

Now I have scanned my computer alots of times and it says it clear then later on when doing something the virus detector comes up and say I got one of these two virus. Now all I want t know is if there is a program that could be on my computer which the virus scanner can't detect which is bring the virus over. Also could the viruses be dormate and if so how do I detect dormate viruses. All virus where attacted to dll files. Also one of these viruses activates my antivirus detector every about 5-6 hours. Scanned my computer lots of times with no luck.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 8, 2007, 10:14 AM
    What anti-virus software are you using?

May 8, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Avg Anti Virus and Spyware
    ANETGames Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

May 8, 2007, 06:13 PM
    Ok first off,
    Here's what you need to know:
    - Many Generic Trojan types are usually newer ones, or a general detection for new variants. This means that traditional methods won't always work.
    - Many trojans can re-download copies of themselves.
    - Some trojans hide themselves like rootkits.
    - Trojans can connect to remote servers and can allow attackers full control of your system.

Some Reccommendations:
    - Make sure that while your computer is compromised, you have all of your firewals set to a strict rules set to help block some of this traffic.
    - Close any un-needed open ports.
    - Use the internet as minimum as possible. It's best to get help on another computer to help keep your computer disconnected from the network.

I saw this on Google, and it may be of some use to you?
    Trojan Collector 11 B Please Help!!! - Tech Support Guy Forums

Good Luck with this!

May 8, 2007, 08:07 PM
    This is what I Think the Trojan is doing after I scanned the computer. Re-downloading itself every 5-6 hours. How do I stop re-downloading, is there a program that totally stops trojans from doing this as I use the net a lot for work
    ANETGames Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

May 9, 2007, 12:53 PM
    Just set your firewall to "Ask me each time".
    And it should begin asking what to allow happen on your system.

If you completely get rid of it, it cannot re-download itself. (Something is telling it to be downloaded.)

I'm sorry, but I'm unable to help you further about this issue because it is a Generic Heuristic detection that is different from other trojans, therefore I don't know which files are being used.

If you want, you may supply me with a HijackThis log which may better help me, help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Viruses on ftp sites [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a newbie and therefore am not sure of the site etiquette so please be kind. I have had occasion to visit a fairly open ftp site to download a range of files, including gif, xls and pdf files. I know that other users upload files to the same site all the time (it is a scientific site,...

Trojan Horse [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know too much about computers, but I have AVG free for virus control on my PC and in the virus vault it says there is two trojan horse exploits? How do I get these off my computer completely so they aren't even stored in the virus vault? How does one get these viruses?

Spyware and viruses [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know of any good websites to go to to remove spyware and viruses form your PC w/o paying for it?

Hi there anyone its about computer viruses... [ 5 Answers ]

Firt I want to thank you who every you are by reading this... now I have a computer problem... but I want to know first what is the best anti spy or virus should I use... I have tried spybots, adaware, Microsoft beta, trojan hunter, norton 2005, zero pop-up, spyware doctor, symantic, avast... but...

Trojan horse [ 5 Answers ]

I am running Outlook Express 6 on my Dell PC and have picked up a virus listed as c:\DOWNLOAD.EXE TROJAN HORSE. It has totally dis-abled "WORD" and despite uninstallinig it and re-installing it from a CD ROM I still can't get "WORD" to run. There must be millions out there with this problem. ...

View more questions Search