Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seaflite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Boss firing employees after boss resigns
    Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 10:51 PM
    If they have merely given notice but have not yet quit, they are still in charge and can fire.

But if this individual no longer works for the company, he can not fire anyone unless he has been asked to by the company.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meeeting with my boss [ 8 Answers ]

I have a meeting coming up with my boss about a situation at work. We had some issues that came up and I had left for the day. At the time I left all seemed OK. My boss called me at home and asked me to go back and said I should have been more proactive and not left. I explained that all was OK...

Who's the Boss? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm the Boss The boss was complaining in our staff meeting the other day that he wasn't getting any respect. The next day, he brought a small sign that read: "I'm the Boss!" He then taped it to his office door. Later that day when he returned from lunch, he found that someone had...

My boss and Her boyfriend [ 6 Answers ]

My boss has a boyfriend that's young about 20 years younger than she is, well they go through this spells where now she has kicked him out the house and his back into his mom's, nice guy his just young and stupid, well the first time she took him back, the second time she took him back, the third...

Trying to please the boss [ 2 Answers ]

Help please - I love to cook- all sorts of foods and my boss knows this and know he has asked me to make something from his past and I can't find a rec. for it anywhere - The name of it is Sarmoli Momaliga (its a romaninan dish ) Im sure I spelled it totally wrong but you get the idea ....

View more questions Search