Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    white eraser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2005, 03:52 PM
    About how much songs do mp3s hold?
    I was just wondering how many min./hours do mp3s hold
    aaronlathamdj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2005, 01:28 AM
    I just bought a new mp3 player and it can only hold 12 songs I'm not shure if I have done it wrong or not, my grandad said it should hold more songs but when it came up to 12 going on to 13 it said memory reached well
    Please can you rite back and tell me how much songs it can take
    :)
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Aug 11, 2005, 10:26 AM
    The file size depends on the sound quality & the length of the MP3 song. At 128kbits, which is considered CD quality, you are looking at ~1MB/min. Also, if you remember where you hide your multiplications tables, you can literally - go figure...

128,000 (~=128k) x 60 (min) / 8 (bits) x 1024 (1kB) / 1024 = .94MB

P2E
    samuelspeak Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

May 4, 2011, 07:17 AM
    It actually depends on the size of the song file. On an average it should hold about 12-14 songs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Deposit to hold an apartment [ 2 Answers ]

In CA, if a person gives a $650 deposit to hold an apartment in the beginning December with the intention of moving in on the first of Januaryand then decides that he doesn't want to move in after all and notifies the landlord on Dec 20th, is he entitled to any of the deposit? The landlord was not...

Hold Music for telephone [ 9 Answers ]

Greetings, Is there a possible way I can set up a "hold" system on my general telephone? I know that it is not possible to hold separate calls without call waiting, etc. (unless one has a large phone system) but for instance if I need to look for something for someone who calls, rather than...

Have to hold Shift key [ 2 Answers ]

When I want to open a link in a web page, and also in an email message, I have to hold down the Shift key and Enter key at the same time. This just started a little while ago. Is there someway I can reset or change it so all I have to do is hit the Enter key again? Thanks, Jim

64mb or 128mb [ 5 Answers ]

I've been told that 128MB is much better then 64MB because you can download more songs. I researched on Google about this and it turns out that a 64MB MP3 player can store as much songs as a 128MB MP3 player. Which one is better? :confused:

View more questions Search