Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    migboy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 08:15 PM
    Toilet Flush handle broken?
    Hello, I'm a newbie. Need help understanding if my toilet flush handle/lever is broken and how to fix it.

I noticed that sometimes the plastic lever gets stuck under the flapper preventing it from closing. Jigging the handle from outside usually does the trick but it is a pain to always do this.

The lever falls all the way to the flapper level even when the flapper is sitting on the valve so I know something is wrong with the handle/lever. The other toilet in my house the lever floats at about water toplevel.

Is there a spring in the handle that normally keeps the lever from falling?

How do I replace the handle? Do I have to replace the lever as well?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

May 7, 2007, 08:30 PM
    Wally mart has a replacement handle! A nut, holds the whole rod and handle assembly onto the ceramic tank. The nut often works loose on the inside of the tank behind the handle. Or it just wore out, there is often a cut out to allow the rod to only move a predetermined amount!
    iamgrowler Posts: 1,421, Reputation: 110
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerguy
    Wally mart has a replacement handle! A nut, holds the whole rod and handle assembly onto the ceramic tank. The nut often works loose on the inside of the tank behind the handle. Or it just wore out, there is often a cut out to allow the rod to only move a predetermined amount!
    And the nut will be reverse threaded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet won't flush [ 1 Answers ]

Hi we have a sloan Flush mate toilet we bought about 2 years ago at first it flushed really good but now you have to flush it two or three times just to get the paper down what do I need to do to fix the Problem? Thanks, ...

New toilet sometimes won't flush [ 3 Answers ]

I have just installed a new toilet / replacement toilet and sometimes it just won't flush. The bowl fills up like it is clogged but it can't be because it is only liquid and no solids in the bowl. When it doesn't flush I notice that if I fill the sink with water and then let it drain out it will...

Shower handle broken off [ 1 Answers ]

:eek: I have an unknown 3 handle shower with the middle handle broken off with the screw and part of the pipe that it fits into, in it! How do I fix this now? Thanks!

Help needed with broken toilet flush [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with my temperamental toilet flush? I'm not good with terminology but I'll try my best to explain! After flushing my toilet, the pump mechanism often doesn't re-descend into its hole. It flushes OK, but the next time you need to flush, the handle needs...

Handle goes down, but toilet doesn't flush [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I press the handle on the toilet, but the toilet does not flush. The screw(?) inside the tank attached to the handle appears to be rusted. Chain is intact. What do I do? Thanks much!

View more questions Search