Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunshine2 Posts: 70, Reputation: 11

May 7, 2007, 05:59 PM
    50-B Hearing in One Day
    I took out a 50-B on my soon to be ex-husband and an assault charge. Our court date is in one day and he has hired one of the most powerful attorneys in our town. I do have an attorney as well. His lawyer called me last week and wanted to speak with my lawyer (so we do not have to go to court). If I consent to an agreement that he will stay away from me, my house, my work, etc. and do not go before the judge, will it still hold its weight? Am I better off going to court?
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 7, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Your lawyer will know what to do. And by the way it is only called a 50-b (NC general statute 50-B) in NC so most people will not know it is a domestic violence restraining order.

Name:  avatar_1300.gif
Views: 266
Size:  9.6 KB
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2007, 06:39 PM
    This is why you have an attorney, and his attorney should have been calling your attonrey anyway, he was calling you trying to get you to say something, he was not really wanting to ask your permission to call your attorney, he has the number, knows who it is from the court documents.

But my opinion, unless the order is signed off by a judge, it will not have punishments under criminal statues. What the attorney was trying to do was to get you to agree to something without talking to your attorney, that is why he called you not your attorney, That is why he is so high powered, he lies and cheats to get his client to win.
    ** Big note, don't talk to his attorney, talk to your attorney who will talk to his attorney.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 13, 2007, 08:20 AM
    Sweet Nothings Written by Lauren Beziers

We are all alone
    On this ball
    Spinning in the void

Alone together
    Together to bear
    The endless end

So let's enjoy
    And fill this space
    With our sweet nothings !

Name:  The whole enchilada 085.gif
Views: 270
Size:  4.0 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnishment hearing [ 2 Answers ]

My husband went to court in January 2003 due to a collection agency known as Asset Acceptance. They didn't show up and the Judge ordered $100 a month be paid to them. We have made the monthly payments faithfully until September of this year. I wrote them and told them he was unemployed and the...

Now, I'm hearing him (or them)? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I was able to see a child on April 11th, 2007. That was the first time I saw something more than a shadow. Well, this morning at 5:30am (which does not fit the sequence of times I've been recording) I was lying in bed with my two older children, ages three and almost 2. My husband had kissed...

Could I be pregnant if I miss a day, the day after ovulation? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on birth control for 7 months and I take my pill everyday at 7:00 almost every day. I accidentally skipped one of my days. But the day that I skipped, stupidly I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend that day. It was around the time of my ovulation time but the day I supposidly...

View more questions Search