Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calhomeowner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Legal name change on deed
    My legal name changed recently, and I need to change it on the deed/title to my property. So there is no transfer of property, I just need to change it from my old name to my new name. How do I do this? I'm in California.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Why do you need to change it ? OK I know you want to change it,
    But basically just hire a title company or real estate attorney, it should be very cheap and they will do it property and officially.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Change name on deed [ 3 Answers ]

My 88 year old father would like to change the name on the deed to his house to his 2 daughters. How would he proceed? Does anyone know of any organizations that assist with legal issues for senior adults?

Least complicated but legal way to add someone to my mortgage deed or title [ 3 Answers ]

I find myself in a tight situation with my house payment & household expenses. My friend has decided to come in on the house with me. The house is in Sun City, Arizona, and I have had it for 6 mo. Our plan is to keep my original prime loan. My friend will reinburse me for half my original...

Deed name change [ 2 Answers ]

Currently my grandparents house only has granddads name on the deed. We, the family, would like to know how we can change the names on the deed and how to go about it. Granddad passed away sme 40 years ago.

Legal name change of a minor [ 1 Answers ]

I want to legally change my sons name to my future husbands last name. My sons father has been out of the picture for over 5 years, last I heard he moved out of state, got married and has 2 more children. I can't find the man any where. My question is can I just file the paper work myself without...

Change of name deed? [ 2 Answers ]

Since getting divorced I would like to change my surname back to my maiden name. Do I have to do this legally or do I need a change of name document? I need to change names on things like doctors records, bank, credit cards, driving licence.:confused:

View more questions Search