Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugarvibes48 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Sport for me?
    I don't know what sport to do! I have always been quite athletic and am pretty good at all sports, especially flag football and basketball, which I both love. This is what makes it so hard for me to find a sport I can commit to. However, I am definitely not too good at volleyball or tennis. I want to do a sport that I can continue into high school that I can balance my academics with. I considered basketball, but I feel it may be too late to start because I am entering 8th grade and many girls have been playing since they were four! I enjoy soccer but not enough to want to do it as a sport. Basically, I need a sport that is not overly time consuming and gives a great workout to maintain my fitness! Also, it would be nice if it was a bit out of the ordinary. I am a fast sprinter, pretty agile, aggressive (especially in defense), very competitive, can catch and throw pretty well, and have great leg strength! Plus, I am a great team player, enthusiastic, and fun loving!

- :confused:

P.S. Swimming, dance, and gymnastics are out of the question. A No-no!
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Can you get into kick boxing? Does it have to be a school sport?
    startover22 Posts: 2,758, Reputation: 363
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2007, 06:11 PM
    My daughter and I are going to check it out together, and she is really competitive and also likes some "action" so to speak. Keep up the search. You are bound to find something to suit you. Whatever you do, if you are on a team remember to follow through with it. Start a new sport after you have completed the one you already started. It helps with really getting to know the sport and it helps with learning how to finish what you started. Good luck my dear.
    noeymc Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2007, 09:08 PM
    In the fall a great fun sport is Cross Country it is very hard on body and mind but if you do it right you have a great time I did football basket ball and track I gave up 2/3 sports and now all I do it run I love them I was a great QB did a lot of little QB camps I just dident like it so I switched well worth it you will find it is a ture test and you can alwes get better GOOD LUCK and it doesn't take but maybe a 1 1/2 a day if that
    1busymaniam Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

May 14, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Sugar , what to tell you ? All the high school sports are going to demand good grades but with a rigorous schedule . They are all there in front of you . These may not be school sports but look at judo or hockey ? You sound as if you are multi talented . I know the roster can be crowded .
    Russell

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a sport or entertainment? [ 3 Answers ]

Aren't fantasy leagues a game of strategy using sports and sporting events as a sort of dice roll or spin of the needle? This is like calling Monopoly a sport. I suppose if you define sports as anything that entails competition, we could include poker, chess, canasta, and the like. What is...

Sport coat and Pants [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pair of nice Grey dress pants, what color sports coat should I wear with it? I am color blind so I am unsure. I also have a tanish Sports Coat, what color pants should I wear with it. A variety of answers is fine, I just need a couple of ideas to help me.

Is fencing a good sport? [ 1 Answers ]

I sooo want to try this sport. Can anyone tell me how this goes? Do I need to buy the gears while I'm still checking out the sport? Just want to try it out first

Sport Science Degree [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I wonder if you can help me. I am interested in taking a Sport Science Bachelor Degree. I understand that because of the nature of this course the best option would be studying on campus, but unfortunately I am suffering from second rupture of the Achilles tendon followed by two operations....

View more questions Search