Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    plidni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 01:04 PM
    Murray Lawn Tractor Transmission
    How can I check the transmission fluid level in a Murray Select Wide Body LT Lawn Tractor, 21 hp, 46" cut, MFG date 8.21.02. I can find NO help at the Murray website.

Thanks,
    Phillip
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Hi, Phillip!

I would like to give you an answer to your question. But, unfortunately, I can't. There may be someone on this site who can. But, we seem to get a lot of questions concerning lawn and garden equipment that go unanswered.

I care about your question being answered. So, I do know a site where topics about lawns, gardens and lawn maintenance machine issues are the specialty. You might like to give it a try. Here is the link.

Lawn & Garden Tractors Forum - GardenWeb
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

May 7, 2007, 10:24 PM
    Does the manual say that you should check it? It might be sealed up.
    powells64 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 12:03 PM
    I have a Scott's lawn tractor equivalent to the one you have. It is a Murray (46580X8A). I think it is sealed up. I cannot for the life of me find a fill cap or a drain. If I got in there I do not know what kind of fluid or how much to use. I suppose you could see what and how much drains out if you capture it.
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Sep 29, 2010, 04:07 PM

They are a self contained unit.
    But if need to you have to pull the fender deck,then on the left side if I remember right there is a black plug or vent cap that you can pop off to put fluid in and its probably 10 w 40 motor oil ,
    thewizardofahhs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 08:40 PM
    If you have a Peerless 6 speed transmission, it does not have a fluid level.
    It uses gear lube on the gears, but that's it. No fill hole, no drain hole.
    See the following YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucbJ3Y-q1_c

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Murray 12.5 hp Lawn Tractor will not start [ 1 Answers ]

Model 405004x99, 2 year old Tractor with a Briggs & S. 12.5 hp engine has a very hard time starting. It has a clean air filter; good in-line fuel filter, clean/fresh gas; oil is new and gets spark from the plug. I have had to jump start the battery from a car and (on a different occasion) a...

Murray Lawn Tractor will not engage the trans [ 1 Answers ]

iI have a Murray lawn tractor that will not endage the transmission. When I release the lever from the push mode to the drive mode it's still in the push mode. It's a model 425620X92A. CC

John Deere Lawn Tractor L110 Repair transmission [ 1 Answers ]

I need help in learning how to repair or find a rebuilt transmission for my John Deere L110 Lawn Tractor. I would also like any information on where I could find a repair manual for this model?

View more questions Search