Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snappy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 09:10 AM
    Putting a lien on someone's cars
    I just went to court and won a judgement how do I put a lien on someone's cars
    snappy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 09:12 AM
    I just won a judgement and the person not going to pay how do I put a lien on his cars
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Hello snappy:

That won't work. Cars aren't recorded like property is, so there's nobody to file a lien with. The department of motor vehicles doesn't do stuff like that. Either the bank has the title or he does. In either case, you have no way of interjecting yourself.

You need to find out where his bank accounts are and where he works. Those things will get you money. If you do, you can hire the constable (or the bailiff, or the sheriff) of the court to serve it on his employer and his bank.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I garnish someone's wages? [ 5 Answers ]

I won a judgement from an individual (whom won't pay). How do I start the process of garnishing his wages?

How do you locate someone's current employer? [ 8 Answers ]

My ex moved out of state and claims to be unemployed to avoid his child support obligations. How do you go about finding someone's current employer? I have been unable to get a response from my state's office of child support.

Can I file a lien on someone's real property? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I made a personal loan (5k) to my sister and her husband in another state. I have a notorized signed promissory note on this loan. The loan was for the purpose of them buying real estate property. They are getting a divorce. Long story short: I would like to file a lien on this...

Anyone someone's got to know This is driving me mad [ 5 Answers ]

Can Anyone Help Me For 4 Long Years I Have Been Trying To Find Out The Name And The Artist For A Song I Heard At A Party. The Lyrics Are Broken At Best But Most Of It Goes Dear Mother Dear Father Living In This Hell I Breathe For You Believer Deciever... ... Dear Mother Dear Father

Feeling better off someone's pain? [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone else ever felt a little relieved to know their ex is hurting as much/more than you. Or the opposite, gotten upset when it appears that their ex is not hurting as much as you? I feel bad thinking about this, but it seems to make me feel better when I know she is upset. I'm sure she is...

View more questions Search