Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnjk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Vacuum block b and s mower ?
    My b&s mower ran fine. I replaced blade, which meant mower was on it's side for a while. Now when I pull the cord I get about 1/3 of a pull and it jerks the cord back. A guy at Lowe's said it may be a vacuum block, but he did not know how to fix. What's the best way to fix it ?
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

May 7, 2007, 09:18 AM
    It's the oil! If it was on its side for any length of time you have oil all over the wrong end of the engine. Don't force the cord! Pull the spark plug, and drain any oil that comes out.
    Might be a good time to change the oil anyway remove the drain plug and remove all the crankcase oil, there may be little that comes out because it has migrated past the piston and now is in the combustion area. Spark plug removed the cord should pull easily, this will force oil the oil trapped in the top end. Its going to fly out of there so place a rag over the hole. You will need a new spark plug that one is going to look oily, easier just to replace it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A Vacuum hose, in my car? [ 7 Answers ]

I was driving home from work yesterday, and the "Check Engine Soon" light came on. I made it home, and called my mechanic this morning. He old me that I needed to get a computer diagnostic on the car, and to go to a place that specializes in that. $50 later, it turns out that I need to replace my...

Best vacuum cleaner? [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about buying a new vacuum cleaner and would like a recommendation on one that you have found to be good at really suctioning up the dirt. Price is not a factor.

Vacuum hose replacement [ 2 Answers ]

How do you remove the ends of a wired Kenmore Vacuum cleaner hose and put them on a new hose bought as a replacement part? Thank you.

View more questions Search