Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BSelff Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Main to Sub-panel Additional Information
    In your pervious response (see pdf) your answer stated to keep the neutral and ground separate at the sub-panel. Being the novice I am, does that mean I only have to pull 2 wires or do I pull 3 including the original neutral?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Main Panel to Sub Panel.pdf (161.6 KB, 317 views)
  2. File Type: pdf Pump To Shop Wire.pdf (14.2 KB, 215 views)
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 7, 2007, 07:17 AM
    A feeder to a subpanel needs two hots, a neutral of the same size, and an equipment ground sized to the circuit per NEC Table 250.122. A 200 Amp feeder will need a minimum of #6 copper or #4 aluminum. If you are using #4/0 SER cable you will be all set.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between Main Lug and Main Breaker Panel [ 8 Answers ]

What is the difference between a Main Breaker Panel and a Main Lug Panel and can either be used in new residential construction.

Main Panel to Sub Panel [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have a CH MBE4040B200BTS Meter main panel on my pump house drawing only power to run booster and well pumps, here is what I wish to do: Add a CH BRS225 (feed thru) to a CH BR4040B200 Main Breaker sub panel for my shop. Both panels are only 200 amp service, I will not be running more...

Main Circuit Panel to Branch Panel? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello experts, OK... My Main Load center in my home has a branch circuit connected to a 60 amp breaker. The branch feed wire is a 4awg copper wire. The branch panel is downstairs and it has a 100amp main cutoff breaker installed in it. It feeds the whole downstairs including... (1)...

Main Electrical Panel [ 1 Answers ]

We want to add a deck off our master bedroom. The main electrical box/outside will have to be away from the house it will be in the way. There is no where to move it on the back of our house, too many windows and doors. Were can we move it? How far? Can we attach to a pole, garage, or a shed? We...

Main panel as subpanel [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: I stumbled across your forum and found a question that was close to mine, but have a more detailed query. I am wiring a shop/apartment. The building has a 200 amp service panel. The main loads (a/c, range) and dedicated loads (fridge, smoke detectors, etc) are branch circuits on the main...

View more questions Search